Author Topic: 3D Printed Tidy Tail  (Read 5107 times)

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Printed Tidy Tail
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 11:39:07 AM »
No plate mount. It would have increased the the price of the print considerably to add the needed structure plus it wouldn't positioned the plate where I personally was looking to place the plate. Currently my plate is zip tied to my passenger peg supports.

I actually had a model produced and ready to order a print of 2 clips that would tension the plate between the passenger peg supports but just as I was putting the final touches on it the CAD tool I was using crashed and I lost the model. I'm sure you could understand why I haven't worked on it since lol. Luckily I do most my designing on paper before I do it in CAD so I still have all my notes and could probably reproduce it with a days work. If this is something you might be interested in that might give me the motivation to model it again.

noone1569

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
I definitely think that is something I could be interested in!!!

TT000090

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 10:08:53 AM »
I just installed the original tidy tail on a 2016 Empulse TT.  Great piece for a great price.  I used L-brackets for the plate, and angled the plate slightly...
KEEP IT CLEAN!  Cheers, Jason

willss01

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 12:45:57 AM »
Pictures? I know I haven't posted enough....
"I'ts not me, it's the world that's crazy!" -Scott Pilgrim

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 10:15:32 PM »
I placed an order for the plate holder. I will test it once I get it and if everything checks out I will post it for sale on shapeway. It's look like it will be about $20.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 11:13:13 PM »
Update:
Got my first print in. They work but they don't click on exactly as I would like so I made a few adjustments and ordered another set. If you want you can ordered the modified set right now or you can wait a few weeks for me to get my new set in and post some pictures of them installed.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/FLDXK98W2/brammo-victory-empulse-license-plate-mount

noone1569

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 08:08:11 AM »
Sold my empluse, but still have this tail tidy and all the recommended connectors if anyone is looking for one.