Author Topic: Victory dealer feedback?  (Read 976 times)

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Victory dealer feedback?
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:39:46 PM »
I wasn't sure where to start a thread like this, but I think it would be helpful if we started a feedback/advice thread on which Victory dealerships are up to speed and knowledgeable about maintaining Brammo bikes.  Feel free to move this thread to a better location if one exists.
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Victory dealer feedback?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 05:42:52 PM »
I think this is a great idea for a thread.

Let's keep it here for now. I'm trying to figure it what to do with Victory as far as the organization of the forum goes.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 05:48:13 PM »
For my own experience, I need to find a dealer for two purposes and I'll update this thread with my experiences as I go.

First, I need a transmission oil change (which I could probably do on my own, but it will be a good chance to check out the local dealers).

Second, I've discovered that my handlebars are a little wonky after my spill last summer so I'll need to get the front suspension checked and replace the handlebar.  This will be a little tricky because the handlebar is one of those parts that was modified during the Brammo Empulse life cycle so it will be interesting to see if their new parts supply channel can keep up with these model differences.

I've contacted Spirit Motorcycles in San Jose because they aren't too far from where I visit my team for work in Santa Clara.  Their home page says that "Spirit Motorcycles is the core dealer in the country for Victory Empulse TT - Victory (sic) 1st electric bike".  OK, sounds promising, and they are open on Sundays (sales only) so I was able to talk to a salesman who mentioned that they've seen a couple of Brammos already and he seemed eager to provide good service for this new venture (being positive, but honest about what they've been able to accomplish so far).  He wants to get me on the phone with the owner and the Empulse mechanic to discuss the parts issue and scheduling for when they can get the parts and I can drop it off for service.  Sounds like we're off to a good start...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Ashveratu

• Electrified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 07:13:23 PM »
I have visited Hernley's Polaris-Victory at 2095 S Market St, Elizabethtown, PA . They had a couple Empulse TTs on the showroom floor and seemed knowledgeable about the bike and said they would take care of my Empulse if/when needed. I gotta say, the Empulse TT looks really nice in person. While there I ordered the short windshield http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/accessories/short-windscreen/pid-2881600 which they shipped to me in Maryland. It has already arrived but yet to install.

I have also been to Chesapeake Cycles (they carry Zero and Victory) south of Baltimore in Annapolis. I purchased a 2013 Zero S from them a couple years ago and they provided horrible support which resulted in Zero buying the bike back and me purchasing the Brammo Empulse. Since they are somewhat experienced with electrics already, they should be able to provide good support for the Empulse....should, but I am trying to stay away from them due to past experiences.
2012 Zero S.......returned to Zero for a full refund after one year of problems

2014 Empulse going strong

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:12 AM »
I too called Spirit in San Jose about getting a flash update to the latest. They said they had done one before and the mechanic that did it wouldn't be in until Monday (I called on a Saturday). Seemed like nice folks and gave an air of competence.

I also called Arlen Ness in Dublin and they said they weren't yet up to speed to work on electrics, but keep checking back. Also seemed competent.

OTOH, I called Powersports of Vallejo and when I inquired about the Empulse TT, they said, "What?" When I let them know that was Victory's new electric bike, the reply was, "Oh, yeah... no, we don't know anything about that."

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 07:34:57 AM »
I've had good support with motorcity indian/victory up here near Pontiac MI.  Great group of guys, many ex-racers, what they don't know they're willing to go find out AND they read this forum.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 01:05:19 PM »
Arlen Ness fixed my Empulse when it stopped charging.  It was the first Empulse they had worked on, and my impression was that Adam from Brammo lent them the diagnostic equipment they needed and held their hand step by step through the process.  So no, they did not seem at all ready, but on the positive side, it seems like a great shop full with an excellent service department, and just about a quarter mile from a BART station.