Author Topic: Site Outage - Part my fault, part GoDaddy  (Read 1398 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
Site Outage - Part my fault, part GoDaddy
« on: August 25, 2010, 09:15:37 AM »
If you visited Brammoforum.com in the last 12+ hours you were presented a GoDaddy screen. Despite getting an email that this domain was renewed it turns out the renewal fees were reversed by paypal and the domain went to repo. The paypal balance was my fault. Sorry all.

Godaddy says they emailed me warning it would go to repo but I recieved no emails. (A search of my inbox is attached.)

So after the domain went down I called Godaddy and they said it would be up to 24 hours to get it out after I paid the account off.

Turns out about 1:24 AM i got an email saying the domain was cancelled. Huh? (still looking into this)

Called this morning to see what was up. Customer service said it would be 24 to 48 hours to bring it back. Looks like it is up now. GoDaddy customer service is great. The processes behind it are not so hot. I'm mad enough but if this was a site that made money GoDaddy would be history.

This really paints a poor image of how GoDaddy views the importants of domains to their owners. All I needed was a text, phone message or email to warn me. I'm never delinquent on payments on purpose.

So, this summary is partially a message to everyone letting you know what happened and partially a message to GoDaddy if they care to listen.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:18:10 AM by skadamo »

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Re: Site Outage - Part my fault, part GoDaddy
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:41:36 PM »
Glad to see the site back! GoDaddy can be frustrating. But their not the only game in town so you can switch if you become unhappy.

But anyway, the good news it is back. Really did miss it even though it was gone for only a short time.

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »
Yeah, godaddy used to be cheaper than http://www.moniker.com/ but not anymore. Time to start transferring. Don't worry tho, BrammoForum won't be the guinea pig. I don't want Harry to have another heart attack. :D

Shane

• View Profile
    • Full Empulse
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »
At least I was greeted by a picture of Danika Patrick  :)