Author Topic: Canadian bought a Brammo in 2014. who will honor the warranty?  (Read 703 times)

Sabinn

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
My bike runs fine, I have no problems with it at all. I am very pleased with my purchase.

I bought a Brammo Empulse 2014 during the fire sale (October 2014). I imported it into Canada. I have all the paperwork and the purchase/import is a 100% above board.
I live in Vancouver, BC Canada.

I walked into a Polaris dealership recently and inquired about warranty coverage. The rep punched my VIN# into his system and said "according to the Polaris inventory, you're bike doesn't exist". He swung the monitor around and I could see that every field on the screen was blank.

Who do I contact at Brammo to discover how I can claim warranty service on my bike (in Canada) should the need arise?

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Canadian bought a Brammo in 2014. who will honor the warranty?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 02:38:29 AM »
Victory dealers should honor it or cross the border.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Canadian bought a Brammo in 2014. who will honor the warranty?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 11:38:27 AM »
If you contact Victory customer support at 1 (877) 737-7172, tell them you have an electric back and ask to speak with Kaylene.  You probably won't be able to talk with her directly until a case gets opened and she call you back in a few days.  She can help you identify who is supposed to be supporting your bike and make sure they know they are supposed to be supporting your bike.  After you get a list of all supporting dealers within any reasonable distance from you, talk to ALL of them and make sure they have received training, diagnostic equipment, are willing and able to work on your bike, etc.

The front line support will tell you that your serial number is not in their system, and to take it to any Victory dealer.  While this may be the case on a flat, non-rotating plane in a vacuum that because management says dealers can support your bike, therefore they can; back here on round spinning Earth, many if not most dealers are nowhere near able to support you yet.

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 08:33:33 AM »
I stopped by the local victory dealer (spoiledsports in Bowmanville, Ontario,Canada) and checked out the new empulse, the mechanics have been trained but when I asked him about brammo support he said "what's brammo" I explained the situation and he said he would have to check with corporate

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »
I stopped by the local victory dealer (spoiledsports in Bowmanville, Ontario,Canada) and checked out the new empulse, the mechanics have been trained but when I asked him about brammo support he said "what's brammo" I explained the situation and he said he would have to check with corporate

It amazes me that people can have a career in motorcycles and have no idea what is going on in the industry or the company they support for that matter.