Author Topic: Question re: venting/cooling  (Read 2816 times)

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
Question re: venting/cooling
« on: April 04, 2016, 12:46:38 PM »
I'm considering picking up some Aerostich Tank Panniers, but I'm not sure if 1) they can be adequately stabilized and 2) if hanging off the sides of the tank how much they'll interfere with air circulation around the perforations on the sides of the bike.  There's no ducting or scoops there, I'm wondering if those are for venting during charging and less useful during operation (which would make panniers acceptable).

Anyone have any ideas or speculation on this?

Off topic: I've been silent for some time, as I moved near Seattle last year and the winter kills riding for me, but as it starts to thaw and I'm getting out on two wheels more (and anxiously waiting a third bike to arrive!) I decided to pop back on the forums and... wow, it's been a ghost town here!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Question re: venting/cooling
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »
Yeah, it's been pretty quiet here. The Brammo guys do continue to monitor the activity here and I hope it will pick up when Victory starts putting out some more product.

I think most of the air intake comes from the front, but that's just my opinion. Happy riding to you!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 01:24:11 AM »
FWIW, I covered both sets of vents entirely with the Techspec rubber knee grip product and have had no overheating problems that I know of for the last 20K miles.

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 12:15:50 PM »
Thanks, both, for your replies!

I plan on commuting regularly this spring/summer on it, mostly because I'm leaving "jacka** early" since office attendance is mandatory now, and the pipes on my BMW at 0545 is a dead giveaway to my dodgey neighbors that I'm leaving for the day.  Ninjastealthbike is much preferred!

I found some on eBay, but the price has gone up to the point that I might as well grab new ones from Aerostich since they're on sale.  The Enertia's the only bike I have currently they'll fit on and I don't see myself going far enough to need the larger of the models, but I might as well just in case I wind up with another GS down the line.  If I find any clever method for mounting (or, utter frustration) I'll post an update to this thread.

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »
Well, I just wrote a giant reply to this with my install method and attached pics.

And the forum timed me out and I lost everything.  I may write it up again eventually, but failing technology bums me out more than most things.  Sorry, guys.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 11:50:21 AM »
I may write it up again eventually, but failing technology bums me out more than most things.

And that's why I keep an essential computer tool on the wall of my home office: a fire ax. It goes right through the monitor AND the CPU in one blow!

More constructively, if I'm writing a lengthy post on any forum, I've adopted the habit of writing it up into a word processor, copying, and pasting, after too many experiences similar to yours.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 12:13:46 PM »
Well, I just wrote a giant reply to this with my install method and attached pics.

And the forum timed me out and I lost everything.  I may write it up again eventually, but failing technology bums me out more than most things.  Sorry, guys.

I am very sorry this happened to you. I hope you write it up again. Shiny has a good idea about writing it up in another application, then copying and pasting.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Auslander

• Empulse Guru
  • Ich bin ein Auslander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 01:33:43 PM »
And that's why I keep an essential computer tool on the wall of my home office: a fire ax. It goes right through the monitor AND the CPU in one blow!

More constructively, if I'm writing a lengthy post on any forum, I've adopted the habit of writing it up into a word processor, copying, and pasting, after too many experiences similar to yours.

I used to do that in the past, but I'm here infrequently and forgot, this is the only forum I'm on that times me out.  Back in the day some would knock you out in a day, but this was like, less than a half hour after my previous post on a thread.  Insane.

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 01:25:26 PM »
I would be interested in reading it should you decide to write it up again!   :)