Author Topic: Enertia + Motor replacement.  (Read 2259 times)

motocitywrkr

• View Profile
    • Email
Enertia + Motor replacement.
« on: August 29, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »
Question.

So I work for my local city garage and we have an Enertia plus that developed a bad chain rattle. Took the bike apart and found the splines on the rotor worn badly causing the drive sprocket to rattle badly and create a lot of chain lash. After doing a lot of digging we found a replacement motor, reassembled the bike but when accelerating the motor just binds up. I read off the Empluse forums that I have an "encoder alignment" issue where the new rotor and stator position needs to be adapted so it can drive again.. Anyone know anyone or anywhere that still has the software?

Thanks.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Enertia + Motor replacement.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 11:20:28 AM »
Is it a Sevcon controller? I forget what the Plus has.

If so, I can assist. I have some software to help commission the encoder.

motocitywrkr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 03:12:25 PM »
frodus

Yes. I believe it is a Sevcon controller.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 04:46:27 PM »
If you build a connector to interface (not sure what kind it is, if you can take a picture of the CAN connector), I can help with this. I rent the programmer and we can commission it.

motocitywrkr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »
Ok so you may have to educate me a bit. The only interface I've used on this is the factory scan tool they sent me one time when I replaced a battery set. I'm assuming your talking about the CAN connector on the controller itself not the usb access point under the seat used for data-logging. I'm not entirely familiar with the components. I'm assuming the controller is the unit connected directly to the main bus bars of the motor.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 11:39:43 AM »
I'm not familiar with the Enertia+ either, so you might need to do some digging to find where to connect. It might be similar to how the Empulse is, with a 3-pin CAN connector called "controller can" or something similar.

I have a biz set up for consulting if you need a lot of help, as it takes a bit of time for me to dig and research how to connect. Once connected, encoder commissioning isn't that hard and I have a document for it from Brammo.

You'd need an IXXAT USB to CAN cable (which I sell as well) and DVT software (included when you purchase an IXXAT from me). I also rent it for $50 for 2 weeks, with $450 deposit ($500 total).