Author Topic: Empulse TT rear wheel compatibility  (Read 969 times)

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Empulse TT rear wheel compatibility
« on: February 09, 2016, 12:38:25 PM »
Anybody know if the 17x4.5 TT rear wheel is compatible with the Empulse R's cuz handling/weight savings?  I did a quick search and didn't see anyone talking about it yet. 350$ for the oem part vs some thousands for the fancy race ones from marchesini.

Also I think victory needs to fix their dwg/naming convention on their service page :).

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Empulse TT rear wheel compatibility
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 01:51:42 PM »
How light our these wheels? I mean ours are forged. Even bigger they might be lighter.

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 03:24:47 PM »
How light our these wheels? I mean ours are forged. Even bigger they might be lighter.
Not sure but I have been doing some calling around and the bad news is the guys at Polaris said the swingarm/spacing did change so they're not compatible.  The good news is there is a dealer 20 miles from me with 2 of the TTs and I'm going to look at them tomorrow.

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 05:10:59 PM »
Not sure but I have been doing some calling around and the bad news is the guys at Polaris said the swingarm/spacing did change so they're not compatible.  The good news is there is a dealer 20 miles from me with 2 of the TTs and I'm going to look at them tomorrow.

I redact my statement of it not working,  gap is about 8.5 " on the r and pretty close to that on the TT.  Couldn't get an exact measurement in the showroom floor but I think it's close enough to look into more.  Someone tell me I'm wrong.

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 01:58:26 PM »
Any update on this?

Has anyone tried to used forged Magnesium wheels?

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 10:33:41 AM »
Any update on this?

Has anyone tried to used forged Magnesium wheels?
I have my wheel and a few other of the emoto racers have pulled of the swap.  The sum of the story is you need to get ALL of the rear wheel parts listed on the victory service page, (wheel, cush drive asy, bearings, spacers etc).  You can get the bearing for the cush drive outside  (xbl 5206-2rs) it's cheaper.  All in a bit over 500$ for the rear wheel swap which (for racing) isn't bad considering the weight save.