Author Topic: BrammoFrenchy, San Francisco  (Read 1597 times)

BrammoFrenchy

• Test Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Email
BrammoFrenchy, San Francisco
« on: March 27, 2016, 12:07:41 AM »
Hello all,
I finally decided to write my first message on the Brammo forum. Yes, I checked on my profile, I joined the forum almost 3.5 years ago and have never participated so I think it's time to say hi!

Hi! :)
I'm Adrian, strong believer of sustainable solutions and even stronger believer of exhilarating accelerations!

I have been riding motorcycles since a teenager back in France (hence the name) and had been dreaming about "making" an electric motorcycle for a while ("making", like it's just a cake)
I even started to lay out the idea of starting a company to design one with a couple friends, and that's when I discovered that a few companies were already making pretty cool ones.
When I realized that I honestly had no wish of starting a company from scratch and that I also had no knowledge of how to run a company nor how to build an electric motorcycle, I started to look at the career page of my ex-future-competitors.

Long story short, I was hired as a Systems Engineer in the battery team at Brammo, moved to beautiful Ashland, OR and spent a bunch of time "test riding" Empulses :D. I also ran some tests in the lab, fried some chargers at the races and mispronounced English in my spare time (apparently putting the emPHAsis on the wrong syLLAble))

Fast forward 2.5 awesome years, a new job in warm California and I find myself missing this instant torque and seeing those heads turning ;)

The only issue is, it's 2015 and Brammo doesn't sell Empulses anymore and Victory doesn't sell Empulses yet!! So I end up buying an FZ6. It's good because I'm not stuck in traffic anymore but it stalls if you don't pull the clutch at the light and there's no fricken torque under 7k rpm!! I feel like I'm destroying the planet every time I want to have fun or even pass a car.

So I decide it is time to bug (again) my friend Adrian (the real one, I'm really just the other Adrian) and I finally get my hands on a pretty sweet "Maillot Jaune" 2014 Empulse. Twelve miles on the odometer on the first day of November 2015, I multiplied that more than 200 fold in the following 5 months on the beautiful roads of Northern California, particularly in the peninsula of the Bay Area where I live and work.

Enough about me. This, is my ride:

Anyone up for a ride to Alice’s? :)
Adrian L.

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
BrammoFrenchy, San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 02:25:36 AM »
Nice..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BrammoFrenchy, San Francisco
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 08:05:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Adrian. Love that color of bike!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 11:34:57 AM »
Welcome! Great design on the "tank" and interesting history of your working in Ashland.

I live in South San Francisco, so we should definitely head to Alice's one of these days! Flar and Richard 230 are close by also.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 10:34:14 PM »
I'm jealous of your carbon fiber radiator shroud.

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 01:54:37 PM »
Pretty sweet ride you have there!  Empulse is one of the sharpest looking bikes ever!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:56:18 PM by jazz999 »