Author Topic: Absolutely No Support for Brammo Empulse in Southern California  (Read 1013 times)

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
I am trying to get support for my Brammo Empulse R that I purchased from San Diego BMW Motorcycles in 2013. I really do love the motorcycle, but I have been running into a wall when trying to get it serviced. I originally called BMW Motorcycles of San Diego as they completed the 9k mile service. They informed me that they no longer sell or service the Brammo line, or the new Victory Empulse model. Since Polaris acquired the electric motorcycle business from Brammo I called Polaris directly and was told that I just need to call around to Polaris dealers in the area that will service my Brammo Empulse R. Polaris could not direct me to any shop/dealer that could complete the 12k mile maintenance that my bike requires. None of the Polaris dealers I spoke with in the area would even touch it (even the shop that sold the Victory Empulse-TT). When I asked about getting the tire changed, they stated that I would need to take the wheel off and bring it in because they would not work on a bike that their mechanics were not certified to work on. I also own a Polaris RZR, but with the service I am receiving I am continuing to question my riding choices.

I have finally reached out to Brammo and am awaiting a callback from Kurt Beckman. In the past I always had great service and support from Brammo (especially Adam Lukoic when he was the service manager). I hope either Brammo or Polaris will help me in finding a solution to getting my bike serviced and also inform me of the current process should a warranty issue arise (specifically speaking to the 5yr battery warranty).

I have reached out to 4 different dealers in my area to no avail. I hope to continue to support new technologies and the companies that make them possible knowing that they also support their current and past customers, but this is making it pretty hard.

-Tammie
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:44:57 AM by tkthompson »

cybergodzilla

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely No Support for Brammo Empulse in Southern California
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 04:45:49 PM »
I called Indian Indian Motorcycles of Orange County & SoCal Motorcycles in Brea. They can service an Empulse; The Westminister location performed my maintenance. I even saw another Empulse Rs there at different times. Also when I needed tires I went to Arney's Motorcycle Garage in Temecula. Michelin Road Pilot 4 with 90 Degree Valve Stems. I recommend a Hitch Mounted Sport Bike & Motorcycle Carrier =)

See Posts under Brammo Owners Forum»Brammo Empulse Discussion»Brammo Empulse»D4 error

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:51:32 PM by cybergodzilla »
2014 Empulse =D
2014 CBR650F B-)
2014 CFR250L =O

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 10:50:25 AM »
Thanks for the info cybergodzilla. I will reach out to them. It still sucks that I would have to waste a day off trailering my bike up to Orange County, but I guess it could be worse. I really appreciate the information as it is much more than Polaris has provided. Ride on!

-Tammie

katacrak

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 01:38:20 PM »
It's embarrassing, as more than 1 year ago polaris bought Brammo, and there is still no service guarantees.

I have very clear that never again buy a product that comes from a brand Polaris group

I am deeply disappointed with the treatment received, I took more than three months with promises of service, which are not met. I feel cheated and swindled by Brammo and Polaris.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 06:33:52 PM »
Is there any chance someone can create a wiki page for dealers that support our bikes? The wiki says I do not have permission to create a page.

It took me a bit to find one that would touch my bike, too, so a list could be helpful.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL