Author Topic: Cam anyone confirm the configuration of their 2014 charging controller  (Read 960 times)

willss01

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/parts#/Victory/V16EZBRRBB%2f%2fCB_EMPULSE_TT_(2016)_(R03)/BATTERIES_AND_CHARGING_SYSTEM%2c_ON_BOARD_CHARGER_-_V16EZBRRBB%2f%2fCB_(800122)/122424/130409
That's a link to the 2016 empulse charging controller or on board controller and I've attached a close up of my on board charger/charging controller. I am hoping to get a hold of the on board charger from the orange county Westminster polaris dealers from their 2014 as Chocula  so helpfully suggested. I've contacted Chris and he's looking into it.
As far as I can tell the new one has 2 wire clusters and mine has three: 2 orange cables and 2 small individual wires one black one white I'm doing all of this without actually having the bike so sorry for the guess work but that's why I need help!
Always much appreciated
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:21:07 PM by willss01 »
"I'ts not me, it's the world that's crazy!" -Scott Pilgrim

willss01

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nevermind they won't release the parts off the OC bike :(
Figures that would be to easy.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Last I heard, is that the company that makes the powercharger (Eltek Valere) sold it to another company and that company may have decided not to make them anymore, so sourcing them may be the issue.

Also, they're CANBUS, so the VCU controls it. Just need to get the right model.

willss01

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
VCU?
Also, they're CANBUS, so the VCU controls it. Just need to get the right model.
I know someone on the forum removed their charger now it's external. Doesn't seem to hard, still makes me nervous .

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
vehicle control unit. Not called an ECU (Engine control unit) any more :)

VCU talks to the charger to tell it what rate to charge, and what voltage.

willss01

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
I thought it was something like and ecu, so that is separate, right? (maybe in the display or a much larger piece I have yet to notice or appreciate). The good news is I got in contact with Eltek (like victory and all their engineers have failed to do) and they will repair any of their equipment (despite them not knowing many of applications of their equipment). So my hopes are to be on the bike sometime in July even if I have to drive to Texas and pick it up.