Author Topic: First Empulse theft incident?  (Read 1095 times)

+progress-

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • EVinceApparel.com
First Empulse theft incident?
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:48:59 PM »
In the middle of June I walked out of the back door of my office at about 10am to this sad sight.  :'(

The unfortunate individual that did this was VERY interested in the carbon fiber components, although the rear fender remained, I assume because the criminal was spooked.  In his/her haste wires were cut in the removal of the headlight.
Seattle has a large homeless population and many of those individuals struggle with drug addiction and the constant need to find money to feed it.  Based on the theft of the tail light and tank covers, which are useless except to the few Empulse owners, I assume this theft was executed to feed an addiction.

I do have insurance so this will just cost me my deductible but no one can give me back riding in the summer of 2016.
To make matters worse, I am back to dealing with the Polaris/ Brammo, no one knows where parts are or how to order them shenanigans.  It is August 2 today and I still do not know when my Empulse will be returned to me.  :(

Have I become the first Empulse owner to be a victim of theft? 
2013 Empulse R  #80  <RIP> *1st in Seattle
2016 Victory Empulse TT #176 *1st in Seattle 8/30/18 - In shop for warranty motor replacement

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: First Empulse theft incident?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »
That really sucks. You might be the first Empulse theft victim, but I do recall that a race bike was stolen from Brammo HQ a few years back. It was recovered a few days later after it punched a hole in the wall of the perp. Probably twisted the throttle when they didn't realize it was "on."
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 08:47:28 PM »
Ah, crackheads and methheads... what would we do without them. :-\

Really though, this is truly a sad sight. Completely pointless too, and now youre out of a bike for who knows how long... I think thats the worst part of this pointless crime. >:(

I would keep an eye out on cragslist or eBay for these parts.

Harlan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Hollywood Electrics
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about this. Luckily I do have these parts, brand new, in stock: headlight, CF headlight cowl, CF Fender, CF tank top. You can email me if you are interested. harlan at hollywoodelectrics.com
Harlan Flagg
Hollywood Electrics
http://www.hollywoodelectrics.com

cybergodzilla

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 11:00:55 AM »
Yeah Hollywood Electrics is Awesome! =) A different shop caused a leak that made my Empulse unsafe to ride, then wanted to band-aid fix the problem because they didn't realize they assembled a part incorrectly. So I went to Harlan, who installed a replacement in the correct configuration. They are an early Brammo supporter so it looks like you can be back riding sooner than you think =Þ
2014 Empulse =D
2014 CBR650F B-)
2014 CFR250L =O

+progress-

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • EVinceApparel.com
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 06:49:11 PM »
Yeah Hollywood Electrics is Awesome! =) A different shop caused a leak that made my Empulse unsafe to ride, then wanted to band-aid fix the problem because they didn't realize they assembled a part incorrectly. So I went to Harlan, who installed a replacement in the correct configuration. They are an early Brammo supporter so it looks like you can be back riding sooner than you think =Þ

It is too bad Hollywood Electrics does not have a Seattle office!

Sorry to hear about this. Luckily I do have these parts, brand new, in stock: headlight, CF headlight cowl, CF Fender, CF tank top. You can email me if you are interested. harlan at hollywoodelectrics.com

That is promising news Harlan!  I was supposed to hear back from Polaris on Tuesday or Wednesday but did not, and the individual I am trying to reach was out of the office today.  Whenever I finally speak to someone I will mention that you have parts and maybe I can get back on the bike sooner than later!

The dealership was saying that the fasteners were showing him a back-order message.  Do you have the fasteners/ washers too?

Ah, crackheads and methheads... what would we do without them. :-\

Really though, this is truly a sad sight. Completely pointless too, and now youre out of a bike for who knows how long... I think thats the worst part of this pointless crime. >:(

I would keep an eye out on cragslist or eBay for these parts.

I too thought that maybe something would pop up on craigslist/ ebay but so far nothing.  I suspect the thief was an individual who a few weeks before the incident was really excited about the bike and wanted to speak forever about it, in-between smoking his ? pipe.  If the parts end up online I assume it wouldn't be from the original thief who I had not seen before and have not seen since.

That really sucks. You might be the first Empulse theft victim, but I do recall that a race bike was stolen from Brammo HQ a few years back. It was recovered a few days later after it punched a hole in the wall of the perp. Probably twisted the throttle when they didn't realize it was "on."

I remember the story of the race bike theft.  Drug money motivations for that theft too if I remember right.
I love my Empulse R but it wouldn't be all bad if they just took the whole bike and I could move on to a Zero SR or DSR  :)  Although the "fair market value" my insurance company would offer might be laughable.
2013 Empulse R  #80  <RIP> *1st in Seattle
2016 Victory Empulse TT #176 *1st in Seattle 8/30/18 - In shop for warranty motor replacement

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 09:21:17 AM »
Oh my gosh, so sorry to belatedly learn about your loss!  Coincidentally, a Seattle-area Zero owner also had his headlight assembly stolen around the same time.  His bike was also white (custom wrap).  Both bikes have the same headlight, so maybe it wasn't a coincidence.  Do you want me to put you in contact with him?
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T