Author Topic: Brammo Tail Tidy Kit  (Read 2417 times)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Tail Tidy Kit
« on: March 29, 2014, 08:48:14 AM »
Is the tail-tidy kit available to order yet? I know Brammo had to re-think the mod after the tail assembly recall, but it should be available now, right? Please excuse me if I missed something obvious (like I usually do).

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo Tail Tidy Kit
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
I was told that the tail tidy mod will not be available. I'm ok with the recall tail mod. I think it looks better then the original.
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Tail Tidy Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »
Wow. Means I have a rare one off piece!?!

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:47:06 PM »
I was told that the tail tidy mod will not be available. I'm ok with the recall tail mod. I think it looks better then the original.

Bummer... the recall mod is not bad though. I just like the ultra clean look.

RolfC

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 01:26:27 PM »
It would really be a shame if they won't produce the tail tidy kit. Hopefully they will give the plans to a aftermarket producer.  Or maybe we can get the drawings to make it our selves. Or maybe 7raceer can make more photo's and take dimensions for all of us.
2014 Brammo Empulse-R

BrammoQC

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Brammo, Inc
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »
Someone isn't paying attention to the other postings!  :P

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=2483.0

DH

RolfC

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »
I liked the original brammo tail tidy kit better.  I like the bullhorns. Just not. the long tail. Still hoping that somebody is going to make the original tail tidy kit!!
2014 Brammo Empulse-R

turbotortuga

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 07:47:00 AM »
Any updates on this? I am interested in doing this mod but I do not like the Competition Werkes setup at all.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »
My guess is no. I don't think this ever came out. I don't know if Victory is planning on offering the part but I haven't seen it listed in any of their part listings. I ended up making a 3D printed tidy tail to hold a LED strip.

turbotortuga

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »
After researching through the forum, all we need is the shorter tail bracket as a template. With the measurements, could it not be 3D printed and duplicated for not too much cost?

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »
3D printing isn't that cheap. I used Shapeways which used better printing technics than what you get with your standard maker bot at home. To make one that is just like the one Brammo was designing (shortened version of the stock one) would probably cost well over $200 to 3D print. Shapeways charges by volume of the object. I made a design that would minimize volume where ever I could to make it as cheap as possible. Part of this was using a LED strip light instead of the stock hardware. All the extra material to hold the stock parts would greatly increase the price.

My bracket is under $50 but requires a LED strip ($15) and a Molex 5 pin connector ($4) and some skill knowing how to attach the 5 pin connector. Came out being a lot cheaper solution to get rid of that big ugly fender then anyone else was offering. I'm personally am really happy with how it came out. Heres my forum post about it : http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=3191.0
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:31:22 PM by littlefreak3000 »