Author Topic: Way Off Topic  (Read 1001 times)

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Way Off Topic
« on: September 15, 2016, 04:11:09 PM »
Well I've been MIA 'cause I've made some major life changes. The lease on my wife's Leaf was up and I got a major stiffy for the new Mustangs. So the wife and I got his and hers 2017 Mustangs. I got a Race Red GT Premium with the performance package and she got a Grabber Blue EcoBoost premium. I also moved to a new city, transferred jobs, the wife got a new job, and we're building a new home. I'm also installing an EV plug for the bike and any future EV I may purchase. I'm keeping my Empulse R but I'm moving away from the EVs until something comes out that I really like... Maybe a Tesla but if history serves right waiting for them to come out with that $35k 200 mile vehicle may take forever. So in the mean time...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 04:18:29 PM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Way Off Topic
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:18:17 PM »
You traitor!

Just kidding. Those are both pretty awesome.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 04:22:02 PM »
I know gas is cheaper... But I couldn't see driving another leaf and there's nothing on the market that appealed to me. My GT is just me getting back to my roots... Besides Race Red with the premium Red leather interior is sexy!
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 12:25:01 AM »
I know gas is cheaper... But I couldn't see driving another leaf and there's nothing on the market that appealed to me. My GT is just me getting back to my roots... Besides Race Red with the premium Red leather interior is sexy!

I hear ya on the the siren song of GT's.

I also "sold out" and just bought a used Yamaha FJ-09 for longer road trips, but still use the Empulse for my daily commute. SOOOO much better in the city!

As to cages, I don't have one but I'm trying to persuade SWMBO to sell her 2008 Prius and get a Chevy Bolt BEV when it comes out in a couple of months. Sure the styling is not sexy (though quite practical), but that 200 mile range is sweet, and for less than half of a Tesla! If we want to do a larger road trip (rare occurence for us), renting an ICE car would be financially practical.

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 02:03:11 AM »

I hear ya on the the siren song of GT's.

I also "sold out" and just bought a used Yamaha FJ-09 for longer road trips, but still use the Empulse for my daily commute. SOOOO much better in the city!

As to cages, I don't have one but I'm trying to persuade SWMBO to sell her 2008 Prius and get a Chevy Bolt BEV when it comes out in a couple of months. Sure the styling is not sexy (though quite practical), but that 200 mile range is sweet, and for less than half of a Tesla! If we want to do a larger road trip (rare occurence for us), renting an ICE car would be financially practical.
I don't know if I would characterize it as selling out as much as there really isn't a big selection of what I would like to drive. If there was an electric sports car that would give me the performance, style, and price of the Mustang I would have purchased it. Unfortunately that car may not be out for some time. I wish there was because I've enjoyed the electric drive train. Besides the wife's EcoBoost Mustang breaks down to $.08 a mile with the current gas prices where we live. Her Leaf was $.04 a mile if we charged at home and $.14 a mile if we used public charging at $.39 per kwh.
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 12:04:21 PM »
And in my calculus, besides the cost-per-mile, there is also, uh, the planet. Not to sound too sanctimonious, but that's definitely a big deal for me, as I love her dearly and am keenly aware of how I participate in the Great Plunder of consumerism. I even have a sign on the back of my electric bicycle: "Oil Is For Sissies." I know: obnoxious!

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 03:59:20 PM »
Back in the saddle again! The house was completed about 6 weeks ago and today was the first day I was able to get out and run some errands on the bike. No longer my daily commuter but now for daily errands. Saves gas and mileage on the GT...  The bike is running great!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:00:58 PM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »
Looks great!  Better put some coins in that parking meter, though.   ;)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Way Off Topic
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 04:00:50 PM »
Nice.  I have to let go one of my Enertia soon because I bought a new toy to go to 7 miles commute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.