Author Topic: Sprocket sizes, part numbers, replacements?  (Read 2353 times)

petehammer

• View Profile
    • Email
Sprocket sizes, part numbers, replacements?
« on: September 21, 2016, 05:40:22 PM »
Hello all,

I had a nasty little nail in my rear tire and in the process of getting a new tire put on I thought about replacing the rear sprocket. Well, I've come to find out that the 64 tooth sprocket is not really a standard sprocket (at least in my research/talking to the guys at the shop).

Here's what I know - (this is for the standard Enertia) front sprocket is 13 tooth, rear is 64 tooth for a drive ratio of 4.57:1. Chain is 124 link 420 standard roller.

However, the rear sprocket has a 6 bolt pattern. I can't find a replacement sprocket that looks anything like the brammo's. I also don't know if sprockets are sized and if so how I'd match it beyond teeth. My hope is that it matches some existing bike (much like the brake pads are the same as some scooter and BMW motorcycle).

So, has anyone replaced their rear sprocket? if so, what did you use?

I'm also toying with reducing the number of teeth for reduced acceleration/higher top end and, yes, I know the speedo will be off and there may be other concerns (I use the bike to commute to work, on 35-45mph streets, and just keep with the flow of traffic). Has anyone (successfully) done this? I remember reading on here of someone who was going to try and then... nothing came of it.

09enertia

• View Profile
Re: Sprocket sizes, part numbers, replacements?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 01:46:54 AM »
I got a front sprocket from Victory through Indian Motorcycles of Orange County. It was pricey and took a long time, but some Indian shops can order Brammo parts.

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sprocket sizes, part numbers, replacements?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 05:57:44 PM »
Hello everyone,

I would like to point out that the Brammo Enertia Legacy, Basic and Plus differ in the number of teeth on the rear sprocket and the number of chain links. I assume the number of teeth on the front sprocket is the same (13 teeth).

Brammo Enertia Legacy 2009-2010:
Rear sprocket - 64T
Chain - 124L

Brammo Enertia Basic / Plus 2012-2013:
Rear sprocket - 72T
Chain - 128L
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:43:17 AM by KaFr »
Ovaobike MCR-M 2022 #24
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150
Brammo Enertia Plus 2013 #205
Peugeot E-Vivacity 2012 #978
Renault Fluence Z.E. 2012