Author Topic: They almost left us alone in Europe (bis)  (Read 1066 times)

nunux59

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
They almost left us alone in Europe (bis)
« on: September 27, 2016, 06:50:48 AM »
Hello there,

I wanted to share with you my recent misadventure.

Since almost the very beginning (June '15) my bike regularly shown System Fault B9. Especially after rainy rides.
Earlier this year (April?) my back refuses to charge. It would wake up normally but was stuck at 0 Amps charging when plug. It lasted 2-3 days but finally everything went back to normal.

In June '15 same thing again, refuses to charge. I informed my dealer like the previous time but he advised me to let it dry and everything would come back to normal. It didn't and my bike was finally at 3% SOC so I decided to not move it anymore. It dropped to 0% unfortunately while trying to charge it. I tow it to my dealer (in Belgium) 2-3 days after this.

I barely had news when I asked for them during 2+ months. I just knew that my dealer, which is a really small dealer who sell mostly electric bicycles and scooter, gave my bike to a bigger dealer in Mechelen.
I finally learn that the problem was because of rusted battery connectors that they changed for stainless steel ones. After that they had hard time to resurrect the batteries that charged at 85% the first time.

After two more weeks I could finally went to take my bike in Brugge. One of the first thing that my dealer told me was that the front tank fairing was broken before I gave them the bike. Which was obviously false :

We discuss for a solution and I leaved hoping that he will send me this part of fairing eventually.

Before removing the bike from the trailer at home I did a closer tour of the bike (I should have done this before !) and found that one bolt of the batteries was missing ! :

It was not all unfortunately .. I also noticed that there was some drops of oil in the trailer after just one hour. It seemed to come from the motor :

I think I had the leak before I gave the bike to the dealer, but I can't believe that they had it for three month and let it leave their shop without even noticing me that! If you look carefully this picture you will also see that one hose is pinched by the lower fairing and almost cut. I hope the leak comes from here and not from the motor-gearbox assembly that would mean replacement of the latter and probably endless wait before getting it back ...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:07:14 AM by nunux59 »

BrammoBelgium

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: They almost left us alone in Europe (bis)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 03:57:44 AM »
Hallo,

PM me anders eens, ik heb ook een Brammo en heb contactgegevens van een verantwoordelijke van Brammo in Europa, zeer behulpzame man, heeft mij in garantie zomaar een nieuw dashboard opgestuurd.ยต

Mvg

mike

• Enciter
    • View Profile
Re: They almost left us alone in Europe (bis)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 11:41:52 AM »
sorry but Brammo Service help me when speedmeter screen had problem, so i cant agree with you. Owner must care his bike.