Author Topic: Empulse R charging at 7,7 Kw ( not fast but better ) and T2 plug waterproof  (Read 3813 times)

Athlon

• Enciter
    • View Profile
bike spotted on Europe ... crossing the ocean went from a yellow Empulse R to a black  Empluse Basic .. but maybe after 8 month of waiting I will finally get the bike

time to get back on coding

nunux59

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi there,

Just get my Empulse R last Saturday in Europe (Bought in Belgium, live in France) and I am also interested in faster charge on my bike. Did you get your bike since your last post and did any progression?

I read some guys owning a Zero S putting two or three Meanwell PSU to charge their bike. I was thinking of using two of them in addition to the on-board charger to charge at 9-10kw using three phases on public stations.

Athlon

• Enciter
    • View Profile
The bike is at the store , I was out all the month so no progress ( before I did the Wave http://www.wavetrophy.com/  after I was in UK for the Formula E race and to follow some other project).

Anyway I have everything I need to do it.

But before doing the charger I will add the batteries because with original batteries I cannot do my favorite ride , so I definitly need some more kwh on board.

So the work schedule will be:

1) remove yazaki plug and instal T2 plug inside left passenger footrest
- better water protection , smaller wire to carry around , 3 phase connection , free up space in the tank to host additional bms monitor.

2) install 10p28s 18650 LG battery pack to add 3,2 kwh of energy.  BMS module in the battery , BMS master and monitor in the tank space where the Yazaki plug was . Battery case will also work as structural element with passenger footrest struts for rear top case probably a red Givi V47

3) later I will add charger , depending on bike Canbus setting I will add a canbus repeater to control packet or if the bike use broadcast packet I will just attache the charger on existing canbus line

nunux59

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thank you for your answer.

1) remove yazaki plug and instal T2 plug inside left passenger footrest
- better water protection , smaller wire to carry around , 3 phase connection , free up space in the tank to host additional bms monitor.

Eheh, I am also thinking of this solution since in Europe standard is type 2.

2) install 10p28s 18650 LG battery pack to add 3,2 kwh of energy.  BMS module in the battery , BMS master and monitor in the tank space where the Yazaki plug was . Battery case will also work as structural element with passenger footrest struts for rear top case probably a red Givi V47

Nice upgrade, cool! Do you plan to travel a lot or race the bike?

3) later I will add charger , depending on bike Canbus setting I will add a canbus repeater to control packet or if the bike use broadcast packet I will just attache the charger on existing canbus line

I see. Do you think that using a charger that do not need canbus line, in addition to the embedded one, is just a matter of connecting it in parallel to the Eltek or may be more complicated? My goal would be to use three phases of the type 2 connector : one to feed the Eltek embedded charger and the two others to feed two Meanwell rsp-3000-48. I would stop the two additional chargers as soon as the constant current charge phase is over (by monitoring battery voltage or measuring current consumed by the Eltek).

I will record a charging session soon while logging current consumed in order to know how much time of charging I can win.

mike

• Enciter
    • View Profile
Any progress?