Author Topic: Race Tech Suspension Results  (Read 4215 times)

SocalTech

• Enciter
  • My next bike
    • View Profile
    • Email
Race Tech Suspension Results
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »
Well i picked up the Enertia from Race tech yesterday and well, what can i say!

Race Tech came through!

Now they fitted my Enertia with all the possible upgrades, however depending on how you want to improve the handling or on how much you want to spend, race tech can fulfill your needs.

now to the info you all have been waiting for....

firstly here are some before and after picks

here is what you all know

and here is the new rear shock

Race Tech G3-S Custom Series
Shock Options
G3-S Custom Series Shocks were originated in March of 2009 with the intent to of creating a more comfortable and confident ride for customers and professionals alike. Since then we have broken 16 track records and have had a rave response to the performance of these shocks. Each shock features custom settings and spring rates based on the bike model, type of riding, and rider specifications. They also offer many adjustment options and reservoir styles to fit to any bike or application. Whether a Professional or Novice rider, the G3-S shocks are guaranteed to better the handling and comfort of any ride.

Reservoir Options
Emulsion - (no reservoir)
IFP - (no reservoir) - Internal Floating Piston - DeCarbon Style - This shock is a performance upgrade over the Emulsion Shock.
Piggyback Reservoir - Includes External Hi and LowCompression Adjustments.
Remote Reservoir Design - Includes External Hi and Low Compression Adjustments.

Adjustment Options
External Compression Adjustments - are offered on all Reservoir shocks but are limited to the capability of the design.
Dual Low and High Speed Adjustments - installed on all piggyback and remote reservoirs, except the Drop Piggy design - included in price.
Low Speed Adjustment Only - Is due to the shock capabilities of the Drop Piggyback Reservoir design - included in price.
External Rebound Adjustment - add $100
Ride Height Adjustment (Must be accompanied by the Rebound Adjustment) - add $200
High Performance Springs - Spring rate based on inidivdual rider's specification - Spring is included in price.

Standard Features
Shock Gold Valve
Custom Valved and per rider's spec
Large Diameter 16mm Shock Shafts
High Performance Springs
Stainless Steel Spherical Upper and Lower Heim Bearings
Aircraft Grade Billet Aluminum
100% Made and Manufactured in the USA
Performance Guaranteed

and for the front

Race Tech's G2-R Cartridge Kits replace the stock damping cartridge with a high-performance unit.

Features of this kit include:

G2-R Compression Gold Valves standard
HFR Rebound Gold Valves
Hi-Frequency Response Mid-Valve Technology
Modular - can easily be fitted to different models
Length Adjustable (can be lengthened up to 10mm)
Precision-machined aircraft billet aluminum
Ultra Low-Friction Coatings and Surface Finishes
Reactive Top-Out Spring Technology
Hydro-Elastomer Tune-able Bottom-Out System
Gold Valve Charts and extra Valving Shims Included
Guaranteed Performance
World Class Technical Support
Made in USA
Since the Kit is modular you can take it from bike to bike. Next year all you may need is a new FRCA Series Adapter Kit.

so thats the tech stuff, so hows this all translate to riding

The first thing i wanted to try was the most important, which is the braking.

When i powered up the Enertia the first thing i did was grab a handful of throttle and headed off in a straight line and when at the end of the driveway (reached about 40 mph) i grabbed the front brake.

for most of you that have done this while riding, know the feeling of the front forks diving and that slight uneasy feeling of the front wheel about to slide out.

Well no more......

Upon applying the front brakes the Enertia stopped, that was it!

it was so confidence inspiring that i had to do it again, but faster  ;)

Again it stopped on a dime!
the difference is that the braking force of the brakes stays with the brakes and not lost into the forks.

Now for the overall handling, here in SoCal we have some of the best well kept streets (cough cough) sorry that got caught in my throat.

I must admit that i really enjoyed the first time i rode the Enertia, however this was a completely different experience, it didn't matter how rough or grained the street was or what bumps or potholes i could find to ride over the suspension soaked it all up making the street feel like freshly laid tarmac.

In summary, whatever upgrades you make from just gold valves and springs in the front to the complete package, will be completely worth the cost, let alone from the ride, upgrading will increase the life of your suspension and make your ride safer.

Give Race Tech a call (or email) and describe your ride style, weight and they will give you options to fit your budget.

Race Tech
                 1501 Pomona Road
                 Corona, CA 92880
 info@racetech.com

Phone: 951.279.6655

Fax: 951.279.7171

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Re: Race Tech Suspension Results
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:14:23 AM »
Sounds great. Is it going to be with you at Altcar Expo?

SocalTech

• Enciter
  • My next bike
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:50:32 PM »
YES IT WILL   ;D

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 05:32:08 AM »
YES IT WILL   ;D

GREAT - Can't wait to see it!

And for the rest of you Enertia riders or EV fans in the greater L.A. area, this is another reason to come to the Altcar Expo in our lovely community of Santa Monica on October 1st and/or 2nd. It is going to be an electric vehicle festival not to be missed. And it is FREE.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 02:30:23 AM »
Saw Dave's modified Enertia tonight at Hollywood Electrics Anniversary Party and it looks nice. Very beefy spring.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 05:44:35 AM »
I'd like to hear more about the event.  I saw a little movie posted by pinkyracer of the Mavizen burnout.  Looked fun and crazy.

Was the Roehr bike there?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »
I'd like to hear more about the event.  I saw a little movie posted by pinkyracer of the Mavizen burnout.  Looked fun and crazy.

Was the Roehr bike there?

Yes it was, but most of the night is a hazy blur at this point. Some are still trying to get bail posted.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
Dave,

How 'bout a direct contact at Race Tech?  I actually emailed them from my Brammo acount at the email address provided (info@) and got no response...

I'd like to see if they can get me a little more high speed compression/rebound response on the front end for my personal bike.