Author Topic: Empulse R replacement key blanks  (Read 1812 times)

m640x

• View Profile
    • Email
Empulse R replacement key blanks
« on: October 10, 2016, 05:41:56 AM »
Has anyone been able to get new key blanks for their Empulse?  If so, what is the make and blank part #?
The keys I have are sidewinder high security made by Zadi.  It looks close to one used on some Ducati bikes.
Part # ZD30T5-SI.  I have a friend with a sidewinder key cutter so once I find the blanks
all should be good.  Anyway, I'll keep searching.  For info I have a 2013 Emp R.
2013 Brammo Empulse R Black and Carbon

willss01

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Empulse R replacement key blanks
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 02:47:49 PM »
I just went to my local aprilla dealership (zadi is a very common italian key company) and they matched the key and I got it cut across the street, every step of the way they were telling me theres a chip in the new and old key so it will likely need to be programed, turns out that was not the case, put it in and it "fired" right up. I'm so glad I didn't have to replace the whole ignition cylinder to have two keys.
"I'ts not me, it's the world that's crazy!" -Scott Pilgrim

PaulHMartinez

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:48:23 PM »
I have Victory Empulse Blanks they are for Ducati
I would guess they would fit Brammo.
$9 each, free shipping.

LonnSimm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 09:12:29 PM »
Just wanted to post as a thanks for helping me out and to pay it forward.

I bought a Victory Empulse TT used and only received 1 key.  The selling dealer, my local dealer and Polaris all were clueless as to how to get a duplicate made, and honestly disinterested in helping me figure it out.

Ultimately, I found this post, stopped by and Aprilia dealership when I was on a trip and rolled the dice on what looked like the right blank.  A few locksmiths wouldn't touch it, by I found one that gave it a roll with no guarantees and it worked!  No RF chip activation needed.

Anyway, the Aprilia part number for the key blank is-- #AP8140711

You should be able to find one online for about $30, much less than the $50 I paid at the dealer.

Thanks all.