Author Topic: Top case for Empulse  (Read 4606 times)

racecarjohnny

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Top case for Empulse
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 09:33:27 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated. Already sent a note to motorzaak. Assuming the two holes on each side are drilled into frame. Are the holes in the brake light bracket just for additional support? Last question, sounds like you can just bike the givi adapter plate and the new box mounts right on top?

thanks again for your help

John

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 10:39:42 AM »
When I installed mine:
there are 2 holes on each side that go into the passenger handles. There are 2 more that go into the back brake light bracket. Then the givi adapter plate secures on top of that.

racecarjohnny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 09:58:57 AM »
Rack is ordered from motorzaak and I should have it next month. May ask for a few photos from those of you who have the same one as I am not sure how the rack will mount to the blinker/taillight frame.

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 03:59:25 AM »
I had a top case rack custom made from a local fabricator using a Bestem Top Case.

Here's a VLOG how I made it and experiences riding with it:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

racecarjohnny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 03:17:08 PM »
question for the guys who connected with with Motorzaak......my rack is going to be here next week, Do I have to buy a mounting plate too along with the givi case itself? If yes could you point me to which one? I am going to purchase the V47. Thanks John

racecarjohnny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 10:31:16 AM »
re-read Cybergodzilla's posts and got all the info I needed for now. I ordered the Givi Monokey Universal plate and the V47NNT top case.

The last ask I have is Frodus or Cybergodzilla could you just show me where you mounted the rack to the taillight/turnsignal assembly?

Thanks

cybergodzilla

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 12:47:09 PM »
Motorzaak will send you 13 pictures Step-by-Step pictures in e-mail. They will show where to place the frame so you can drill the 6 bolt holes. Givi has good instructions. I placed 2 bracket on each side. =)

I'm thinking of adding a luggage rack; Maybe for camping. Now I just need an electric adventure bike

CyberG
2014 Empulse =D
2014 CBR650F B-)
2014 CFR250L =O

racecarjohnny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2018, 07:19:21 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me CyberG. Rack is on its way and got the photos from Steyn. Looks pretty simple. Should be here next week.

Seats off the Victory and everything looks identical to the Brammo.

Have the universal Givi mount and a V47 Monokey waiting. Love the look of the V47 case. Ill post pictures when its done.