Author Topic: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????  (Read 18277 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 07:34:59 PM »
The never ending saga with Victory/Polaris !!!!  I bought a 2016 Empulse TT in 2016, fully expecting to receive the Federal IRS EV tax credit (10%)....  My tax agent and I (CA) have since discovered that Victory applied for the EV list with the Feds in January 2016, but never followed through !!!!  I called Victory and Polaris today (spend several hours on the phone) and I am here to tell you-- neither has a speck of business sense about their products, or a clue about customer service !!!!  They sold these things, telling those that would listen, about all the tax credits-- they lied !!!!  I love the bike (Brammo did good, not Victory) and those smart enough at Victory to buy it....  But, the rest of this is Cr#p !!!!  Anybody else have any clues ????

That is exactly what happened with my first electric motorcycle, a 2008 Electric Motorsport GPR-S that I bought in 2009. The company never followed through with the paperwork, even though the bike met the IRS requirements for an electric vehicle credit.  However, I applied for the credit anyway and when the IRS automated credit form wouldn't accept the bike, I filed my tax return via snail mail and used the EV conversion credit form on my tax return. That year I received the credit for my GPR-S on my income taxes without any complaints from the IRS. However you could argue that the bike was an EV conversion of a Tiger 250cc motorcycle, even if the chassis never actually had an IC engine in the frame.  :)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 07:45:35 PM »
I was able to successfully file my federal tax for my Victory Empulse TT.

I used taxact and this is the form it made me fill with the Vehicle make and PIN:
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8936.pdf

I had no issues!

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2017, 04:13:03 AM »
I bought #139 last week, got a pretty sweet deal $8500 OTD. 

Will there be a federal tax credit for 2017?  I noticed when I was doing my taxes on turbo tax and there it was asking if I had bought an EV in 2016.  Will there be a federal tax credit for 2017?  There is however still a $900 California Rebate still.

2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2017, 03:42:44 AM »
I bought #139 last week, got a pretty sweet deal $8500 OTD. 

Will there be a federal tax credit for 2017?  I noticed when I was doing my taxes on turbo tax and there it was asking if I had bought an EV in 2016.  Will there be a federal tax credit for 2017?  There is however still a $900 California Rebate still.

First of all, congratulations! I see you live here in San Jose (just watched your videos on youtube). I live in San Jose too and we could certainly meetup and exchange notes ;)

On the Federal tax return, i am not sure if it would work for bikes purchased in 2017 would be eligible, its best to double check before you file it. CA rebate should certainly be available.

Welcome to the club!

noone1569

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2017, 07:35:13 AM »
Congress will have to pass a renewal of the EV tax credits for 2017; Not too positive this will happen.

Putting my Empulse up for sale.  Its currently on Ebay.  I love the bike, but looking to get a husky 701.

noone1569

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2017, 07:51:07 AM »
Thanks, I'll start a post there if I actually start to convince myself I really want to sell it =)

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2017, 04:45:33 PM »
2016 Victory Empulse TT Transmission Oil Change

Yes I am a NOB, but I can not find my answer anywhere.  I checked my manual for the transmission oil drain, fill and level points (no problem).  BUT, my bike has a hose that goes from the left side of the frame (very accessible) to the right side and enters near the clutch housing (near the filler plug on the back side of the clutch housing) and states "oil" on it's cap.  Can I file the transmission from this port OR is it for an entirely different purpose?  I hate to ask, but the manual kinda sucks (no mention of this hose) and there is not a lot of information available on the Empulse TT.  I am electing to do most of the normal maintenance myself because I care and Victory obviously does not !!!!  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2017, 11:26:22 PM »
I have a video of when I did my first oil change here and from what I read that yes the vent hose is an approved method of refilling the transmission according to Brammo.

2016 Victory Empulse TT Transmission Oil Change

Yes I am a NOB, but I can not find my answer anywhere.  I checked my manual for the transmission oil drain, fill and level points (no problem).  BUT, my bike has a hose that goes from the left side of the frame (very accessible) to the right side and enters near the clutch housing (near the filler plug on the back side of the clutch housing) and states "oil" on it's cap.  Can I file the transmission from this port OR is it for an entirely different purpose?  I hate to ask, but the manual kinda sucks (no mention of this hose) and there is not a lot of information available on the Empulse TT.  I am electing to do most of the normal maintenance myself because I care and Victory obviously does not !!!!  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2017, 10:19:35 AM »
Nice video on the transmission oil change.  A couple of things I would note.  If you are going to fill through the vent hose, there is no reason to remove or loosen the fill plug.  The transmission will vent though the existing vent when draining.  In addition, unless you want to know what the level was (and you could only tell if it was overfilled) there is no need to remove the level plug.  The amount of build up on the drain plug magnet is interesting.  I have changed the oil a number of times to try and minimize the amount of crap going through the gears and bearings in the transmission.  Each time I have been getting a little less crude so it looks like it is settling down.  I think the total amount I have removed looks like what I see on your drain plug on your 600 mile change.

The transmission is supposed to take one liter of oil and if fully drained, there is no need to use the level plug to check on refill as the first couple of changes ended up with a slight overfill so I haven't bothered to check it after that.

As to the crush washer fit around the drain plug, if you look at the plug itself you will see that it was designed to be used with and "O" ring seal instead of a crush washer.  That is why it is undercut and radiused near the bolt head.  However, the transmission is spot faced for use of a crush washer and not counterbored for an "O"ring so the only thing that will work is a crush washer.  Bad design.

Bottom line is if anybody watches your video and have not changed their transmission oil the crap on the drain plug and the fine metal in the oil itself should motivate any owner to change the oil.  You are going to get no parts or service from Victory (Polaris) on these machines so a little TLC is required to keep them running.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:00:12 AM by siai47 »

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2017, 10:36:21 AM »
Thank you very much for the info....  I didn't think to check for a video....  Dahhhhh....

lccreech

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2017, 04:52:53 PM »
I bought a 2016  #120 last Saturday for $8600 with 19 miles on it. Trying to get a spare key, but Polaris said sorry, as did 3 Victory dealerships.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »
Congratulations....  You are in for some fun....  Someone on this site found key blanks and posted....  I'll let you have the joy of hunting for it !!!!

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2017, 04:47:21 PM »
Yeah I was watching again and thought that I didn't need to loosen the fill plug because of the transmission vent, its a habit I have when I change the oil on my other bikes or cars. 

I can see what your talking about not removing the level plug you'd just need to crack it open a bit and if something comes out your good on the level. 

Yes I'm hoping everytime I change the oil there will be less and less of that crud.  I was surprised how much metal was in it, the oil which should be clear turned into a grey goo.  Next oil change at 3000 miles :)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2017, 02:16:30 AM »
After 13 oil changes, I still get swarf on the magnetic plug, though much less than the first few changes.

I always use the breather hose to fill and go by measurement rather than overflow to make sure the right amount of oil goes into the bike.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2017, 09:25:44 AM »
Now that's some good information right there....