Author Topic: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????  (Read 18288 times)

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2017, 09:53:48 PM »
From a Brammo service bulletin, most of that junk on the plug is clutch material.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2017, 05:26:01 PM »
From a Brammo service bulletin, most of that junk on the plug is clutch material.

Glad you guys mention this, looked like a porcupine on steroids !!!!  AND, the fluid was as filthy as suggested....  I don't quite understand, but I will be changing the fluid frequently.  I'm using Amsoil 10w30 synthetic for transmission and wet clutch, good stuff, maybe it will help....

Ashveratu

• Electrified
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2017, 07:14:12 PM »
I just put a $500 deposit on a Empulse TT (listed on cycle trader for $6.9k) Hopefully in a month or so (however long it takes to ship from AZ to MD) I will be proud owner of a new Victory. I must say though, I am starting to have second thoughts. My Brammo Empulse has been reliable for 6k miles. Do I really want to risk a new bike? I need to keep saving for my Model 3 next year.......
2012 Zero S.......returned to Zero for a full refund after one year of problems

2014 Empulse going strong

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2017, 02:04:03 PM »
I just put a $500 deposit on a Empulse TT (listed on cycle trader for $6.9k) Hopefully in a month or so (however long it takes to ship from AZ to MD) I will be proud owner of a new Victory. I must say though, I am starting to have second thoughts. My Brammo Empulse has been reliable for 6k miles. Do I really want to risk a new bike? I need to keep saving for my Model 3 next year.......

First of all, congratulations....  Second of all, I absolutely love mine and I would buy again....  AND I paid considerably more than you....  You will love the thing....  Super fun embarrassing stink bikes in the twisties....

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2017, 03:44:58 AM »
You mentioned your Empulse served you well for 6k miles.  I crossed 10k last month and it feels like it is still going strong.  Congratulations on your TT!
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2017, 04:29:18 PM »
Not bragging, but to offer some hope: My 2013 Brammo is at 41K miles and shows no degradation on range.

The only worrisome symptom is that the point on the SOC at which the gauge suddenly goes to "0% CHARGE NOW" has crept up from 10% to 30% and twice at 50%. I've learned to reset the trip meter and just go by that figure. So far I've not been stranded, but use the bike strictly as a commuter and local runabout.

Side note: I've recently retired so won't be racking up the daily commute miles... hoping it will hang in there to handle my local needs.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2017, 09:14:11 PM »
Not bragging, but to offer some hope: My 2013 Brammo is at 41K miles and shows no degradation on range.

The only worrisome symptom is that the point on the SOC at which the gauge suddenly goes to "0% CHARGE NOW" has crept up from 10% to 30% and twice at 50%. I've learned to reset the trip meter and just go by that figure. So far I've not been stranded, but use the bike strictly as a commuter and local runabout.

Side note: I've recently retired so won't be racking up the daily commute miles... hoping it will hang in there to handle my local needs.

That is actually fantastic news....  I hope your girl goes for another 40K+....  May the Force be with you....

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2017, 06:40:16 AM »
Any major maintenance issues or how was the maintenance like?  40k is awesome, I got 33k on my Suzuki DR650 and I am constantly working on that bike but I use it as an adventure bike.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2017, 05:13:07 PM »
Any major maintenance issues or how was the maintenance like?  40k is awesome, I got 33k on my Suzuki DR650 and I am constantly working on that bike but I use it as an adventure bike.

I think I had the No. 3 bike off the line. There was a water-entry issue into a battery case and Brammo picked up the bike in San Francisco, returned it to Oregon, redesigned the battery case, and returned it to me within 5 days with all new batteries.

There was a faulty seal in the transmission and they replaced the entire transmission.

Mine was the bike that had the rear license plate/tail light bracket fail. Brammo redesigned the bracket and sent me a replacement.

During 90F weather, with sun on the instrument cluster, the tach needle freezes. It goes away as soon as it cools down. I figure it's too tight a tolerance on a brass bearing. Doesn't really bother me.

Aside from chains/sprockets, tires, brake pads, that's it.

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »

I think I had the No. 3 bike off the line. There was a water-entry issue into a battery case and Brammo picked up the bike in San Francisco, returned it to Oregon, redesigned the battery case, and returned it to me within 5 days with all new batteries.

There was a faulty seal in the transmission and they replaced the entire transmission.

Mine was the bike that had the rear license plate/tail light bracket fail. Brammo redesigned the bracket and sent me a replacement.

During 90F weather, with sun on the instrument cluster, the tach needle freezes. It goes away as soon as it cools down. I figure it's too tight a tolerance on a brass bearing. Doesn't really bother me.

Aside from chains/sprockets, tires, brake pads, that's it.

Did you ever get a clicking noise from the chain action? Ive had my enertia for 300 miles now and when I bought it it was silent. Now it makes a lot of noise from the chain and sprocket area. I'm going to have it looked at. The guy I bought it from had recently replaced the chain himself and I'm wondering if he overtightened it, or the alignment is off.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »
I had a speed-varying ticking noise from the chain that went away when I replaced chain and sprockets. Old chain had 3 stiff links after 22K miles with a Tutoro oiler.

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
I had a speed-varying ticking noise from the chain that went away when I replaced chain and sprockets. Old chain had 3 stiff links after 22K miles with a Tutoro oiler.

Thanks!

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2017, 03:13:47 PM »
Empulse TT meets Mini Cooper S

The other day I was riding my Empulse TT up Hwy 9 to the Saratoga Gap at Hwy 35.  If you ride in Northern California, you know where I am talking about.  Well, on the way up the hill in the twisties I caught a Mini S.  The guy was moving along, so I decided to just hang and not pass.  Mini guy decided he was going to book, rather than yield.  No problem.  I just hung onto his wake and was quite content.  Ultimately, Mini guy made a driving error and decided to yield.  At the top of the mountain I pulled into the Gap parking lot, parked and removed my helmet.  Moments later Mini guy drove in and parked as well.  He (youngster) approached me and started laughing!  He said “I have never been past by an old guy (true) on a toaster before!”  I had to laugh as well—do to his verbiage and accuracy of comment.  We had a chat about driving in the hills and ultimately went our own ways.  So, why am I writing this?  The Empulse TT is a huge kick in the ass to ride in the hills and will stay with almost anything.  I personally think that Polaris made a huge mistake dumping Victory and the Empulse TT.  Oh, and as a direct result of my encounter—the Empulse TT now has an official name—she is affectionately referred to as “Toaster.”

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »
(Sending many Likes, smiles, and +1s your way for a great story)
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2017, 08:58:07 PM »
Great "toaster" story!

I live in a townhouse complex and when I first drove in with the Empulse R, my neighbor was in our shared driveway. He came over as I was pulling off my helmet and said, "Bill, what are ya drivin'? It sounds like a blender!"

"Blender?" I replied. "Geez, Mike, at least give me a food processor!".

Still liking my blender after 4 years.