Author Topic: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????  (Read 18291 times)

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Who Owns a Victory Empulse TT ????
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »
When I talk to people about my bike, I tell them it sounds like a blender on wheels.

racecarjohnny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2018, 03:19:05 PM »
I've got one...John in Mpls, love it.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2018, 03:36:46 PM »
Update on my experience with the TT....  Absolutely love it, don't know why Victory is so stupid !!!!  They didn't even give it a chance, they just bailed....  Oh well (love the Victory ICE bike too)....  I have just over 2K on mine, no problems, took it up Hwy 9 today (if you are not familiar, it's as good as it gets)....  It's like being in a glider, no noise, no need to shift or brake, just being one with the throttle....  Lucky so far....  No gremlins, everything perfect, even cell balance !!!!  I have had and continue to have several/many ICE bikes....  This thing is a blast....  No regrets thus far....  Electric is awesome....  Why I'm at it, have both the short and tall screens....  Highly recommend the Victory tall Screen....  Still looks sporty AND does a serious job with the wind....  Won't keep wind/bugs off your face shield, but will keep the pressure off of your chest and improve your mileage....

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2018, 05:36:28 AM »
Does the tall one quiet down the ride?  I used to have the short one and it didn't do anything.  I'm struggling with that I have the MRA V-Flow with the X-creen. 

The Empulse is a blast on HWY9 :)  I've had mine for a little more than a year and I haven't had any problems with mine but I only have 2700 miles on it.  I did Metcalf and Mt. Hamilton the other weekend :)  I'm planning to drag race it sometime this summer :)
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2018, 10:03:31 AM »
I can't honestly say whether the OEM tall screen quiets down the ride or not....  I always wear ear plugs which keep things very peaceful....

+progress-

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • EVinceApparel.com
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2018, 06:06:48 PM »
I do not have a windscreen on my Empulse TT but like Ultratoad I do wear ear plugs.  I originally started using ear plugs to cut back on wind noise on the highway (75ish mph) when my commute increased to about 30 miles round trip.  I am using a product from a company called No Noise who offer many different types of ear plugs that are configured for different situations.  I am using their Motorsport ear plugs which have been great!  They cut back the decibels to a safe level (something about a ceramic filter) but still allow for sounds to reach your ears so you are not completely disconnected from your surroundings.  It took a little while to get used to installing them in my ears correctly and putting my helmet on without dislodging the plugs but once I got the hang of them I almost never ride without them. 

https://www.nonoise-earplugs.com/en/products/motorsport/

*Just over 7,000 miles on my Empulse TT and it has been issue free!  Much nicer than than my Empulse R experience which had consistent error messages and 3 of the 7 battery modules replaced.
2013 Empulse R  #80  <RIP> *1st in Seattle
2016 Victory Empulse TT #176 *1st in Seattle 8/30/18 - In shop for warranty motor replacement

TVETT

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2018, 09:43:16 AM »
I just got the wind screen off ebay for $40 and figured I'd try it out. It does quiet things just a bit and I notice I can hear the chain and transmission a bit more. But it really is a minor difference, even at high speed. IMHO no way would it be worth the $200 MSRP. But for $40 I'll keep it on for a while