Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia Servicing

super dead battery.

(1/4) > >>

cascadeclear:
I have a 2010 Enertia.  It has not been charged for a couple of years.  When i plug in the charging cable it does nothing.  I think the battery is really dead.  I think i need to get some kind of charge in it to be able to turn it on and put it in charge mode.

Is there a way to hook up a 12 volt power source to turn it on?  Is there a wire i can tap into to give it a little charge to turn it on?

any kind of help would be nice.

frodus:
I'd start taking the covers off and access each module to see what voltage they read first.

Then i'd get an adjustable power supply and bring them up slowly.

Not sure what modules are in there, but it's not just "12V", it should be a lithium charger and match the number of cells in series in each module.

cascadeclear:
so module is the battery or batteries?

jazz999:
Interesting.  I wonder if the reason you can't charge it is due to low voltage cutout which happens to lithiums if the voltage gets too low in which case the charger will not charge the battery because charging it at that state could be dangerous.  There is a way to bring them back to life but usually you have to jump start the battery itself first to give it a little juice and then connect it to the charger.

See this:  http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/low_voltage_cut_off

cascadeclear:
that is a good read.  Thank you for the link. 

One way would be to take the batteries out and take them to a shop to have them properly charged.  I was hoping this was something i could do in my garage. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version