General > Brammo News And Views

Brian Wismann with Zero Motorcycles

<< < (2/2)

Richard230:

--- Quote from: kingcharles on January 25, 2017, 05:15:22 PM ---But seriously this is good news for both Zero and Brian.
I wish them lots of success!

Brian was not afraid to go high voltage. I guess this topic will be part of a few discussions...

--- End quote ---

I think many people believe that it is about time Zero went with higher voltage, for a number of reasons - not the least of which being that it would be much easier to be sure that a fast charging station, even an L2 one, would always work on the bike.  Maybe Brian can convince Zero to invest in a new motor and HT system.  But I am not holding my breath until that happens. Zero is pretty cautious when it comes to spending money.  ;)

protomech:

--- Quote from: kingcharles on January 25, 2017, 05:10:17 PM ---Zero with a gearbox  ;)
--- End quote ---

My impression has always been that the direct drive Enertia and Empulse concept were Brian's, and the IET gearbox was Craig's. The race bikes were certainly Brian's lovechild.

There are some valid engineering (and non-engineering) reasons for a gearbox, which Brian did tout when given the opportunity. And costs as well.

Regarding the motor - should be relatively easy to rebuild the motor for a higher or lower voltage. Harder issue will be going higher voltage on the battery pack - though the "long brick" design should allow 56S1P instead of 28S2P for 196V - 235V.. that's maybe worthy of separate discussion.

Consultec:

--- Quote from: Brammofan on January 24, 2017, 11:48:48 AM ---Congrats to Brian Wismann, formerly known here and on twitter as brammodesigner.  Quite a coup for Zero.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/former-brammo-exec-brian-wismann-joins-zero-motorcycles/

--- End quote ---
We're neighbor.  I live in Santa Cruz..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version