Author Topic: Crush Washer Size  (Read 1213 times)

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Crush Washer Size
« on: May 09, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »
What is the crush washer size for the oil bolt? It's not listed anywhere on the site. Maybe could be added to the wiki page. I'd check myself but I wanted to have everything ready before I do my oil.

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Crush Washer Size
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:18:48 AM »
I think there are 3 different size crush washers---one for the drain, one for the fill and one for the level plug.  No part numbers in the Victory parts book.  Went to a Victory dealer and they are contacting Polaris to find out what the part numbers are and trying to find out the sizes.  Next time I change the transmission oil, I am going to measure the I.D. and O.D. of the washers as they should be pretty common.  I know this doesn't help but I know how you feel.  BTW--I know the washers are pretty soft so I put a little pipe thread sealant on the plugs before I put them back in.  My level plug was seeping after re-using the washer--the sealant stopped it.  You also might also want to turn the washer over if you need to re-use it.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 08:23:03 PM »
I guess I'll just order something like this : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XT8VZD7/ref=crt_ewc_img_huc_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AEM8TTMRK132V

Then I'll have crush washers for all my needs going forward lol.

RickXB

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 08:48:57 PM »
here are the dimensions. I don't remember which one is what but you will figure out. those dimensions probably need to be round up

OD x ID x Thk in inches

.467 x .325 x .050
.625 x .410 x .032
.750 x .525 x .055

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 03:48:25 AM »
You can probably go to an auto parts store and have them match it up or buy a set of copper washers.  I think I got a set from Harbor Freight.  They're always handy to have around. 

I noticed when I did my first oil change on my Empulse TT that the copper washer had some play on it when it is on the bolt, leads me to believe that this is not the correct size washer.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 10:31:06 AM »
I was surprised (actually shocked) to Polaris' response to a question about getting the crush washers for the transmission so I have replacements when I do the next oil change.  The parts book shows the washers and the note "see dealer" as no part numbers are given.  My bike is a Victory Empulse, still under warranty so this isn't a Brammo/Victory thing.  The dealer was told that the crush washers are part of the transmission and are not serviced separately.  I could, however, buy the complete assembly for around $3,500 and the crush washers would be included.  Other than the cost, I guess that would be fine except I would have to replace transmissions every 600 miles as they need an initial oil change (which requires crush washer replacement if necessary).  The correct answer from Polaris should have been that they either have the maintenance parts or they are sourcing them to provide for their customer base.  Five years of "parts" and service and ten years of parts availability don't mean much if the part is part of an "assembly".  I suppose if I had a victory IC motorcycle and asked for an oil filter, I shouldn't be surprised when I am told it is only available as part of the engine assembly and not serviced separately. 

This does not bode well for me to make decisions to buy other Polaris products.  I have owned their 4 wheelers and snowmobiles in the past and am looking right now to buy a side by side off road vehicle.  I know I bought an orphan, but I expect some sort of service after the sale---at a minimum through the warranty period.  The dealer (whom Polaris also treated like crap) is trying to find a source for the crush washers and has been very helpful on a couple of other matters related to this motorcycle.  I think there must be some cultural problem with Polaris management to treat legacy customers (Brammo), their own customers and their dealer network with such distain.

BTW--I did find a part number for the transmission gasket kit ($150).  I have no idea what's in it but I ordered it so that if I ever have to take the POS transmission apart, at least I will have gaskets and seals (maybe crush washers) for it.  However, when the dealer placed the order, the part was backordered, no timeframe for restocking known.  More good service.   

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 01:38:05 PM »
The little kit of crush washers I got off Amazon worked great. I believe the ones I used were M14, M10, and M8.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 03:01:00 PM »
I guess I'll just order something like this : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XT8VZD7/ref=crt_ewc_img_huc_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AEM8TTMRK132V

Then I'll have crush washers for all my needs going forward lol.

Very helpful.... Worked well.... Saved me some serious time....  You are awesome !!!!