Author Topic: Not charging over 90%  (Read 1047 times)

mdales

• View Profile
Not charging over 90%
« on: February 14, 2017, 01:57:09 PM »
Everything has been fine until the other day when I found the bike hadn't charged over 94% despite being on over night. Take it to work, and when I come back it now won't charge over 90% (it was under 80% when I came home, so I know the charger is at least partially working).

When I now plug it in it goes through a cycle where the charger activates (with the nice clunk), the bike spins up the fans, but draws nothing, and then goes to drawing -3 amps, before going back to 0, and the charger powers off. Then wait a few seconds and repeat.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong? I left it a few days incase it was the extreme cold we had, but no, still not charging.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Not charging over 90%
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:20:42 PM »
My bike did something similar when one of the battery modules wasn't working. Pull the logs and see if one of the modules is causing the SOC readout to be funky.

If it is the same problem I had, eventually you will get a SOC mismatch error.

Good luck.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 05:24:37 PM »
My bike did something similar when one of the battery modules wasn't working. Pull the logs and see if one of the modules is causing the SOC readout to be funky.

If it is the same problem I had, eventually you will get a SOC mismatch error.

Interesting. For our general education, what ended up being the remedy?

hpeixoto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 05:45:43 PM »
If you press the 2 buttons simultaneously, you can see the battery voltage.
You see the maximum and minimum voltage of the pack. The maximum voltage you can pick up is 4.16v. If it is balanced the value of the lowest cell should be around 4.145v.
When the values are very different the load stops when the maximum value is reached (4.16), and then the "PPP" appears, that is to say that it is taking energy from the cells with the highest voltage, so -0.3KW appears.
When "AAA" appears it is equalizing the cells.

The BMS is continually doing this cycle. If after 30 minutes, the values remain the same, it is best to switch the charging off and on again.
If it still does not change, use the bike and try again to see if bms can solve.

good luck