Author Topic: ATL EV guy - Now own Empulse TT, Tesla P85, Leaf SL, and a Model 3 reservation  (Read 1332 times)

TT000090

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello All,

Recently bought a new 2016 Victory Empulse TT because the price was crazy good.  With the dissolving of Victory, dealerships are basically giving these EM's away.  Luckily, this one had the upgraded Marzocchi forks and the dealership didn't notice until the sale was almost complete.  No kidding.  So to compromise, I got it at cost. ha!

Since then, I've added 1000+ miles and a few mods...

- Motogadget m-Blaze disc bar end turn signals
- D.I.D. VX2 520 chain (Gold)
- littlefreak3000's fender eliminator (3D printed by shapeways)
- Radiantz Z-flex strip (brake light/amber turn signals)
- customTAYLOR33 High Intensity Grade Reflective Wheel tape (RED)
- Pit Bull 8mm Spool Kit (Red)
- HOTSYSTEM LED License Plate Screw light
- Shaved the front turn signal brackets and re-painted black

My goal was to have the bike look as clean as possible.  I have a few additional things I plan to do soon...  powder coating the pegs, brake lever, shift lever, etc.  I'll also add a Prestige tag...something like AMPED, ELKTRK, NOGAS, etc.  Haven't decided yet...

You can tell by my subject line that I own and have been driving EV's for many years...  It's strange to me that these bikes haven't caught on more.  I don't know anyone in Georgia with an electric bike???  Regardless, this bike is amazing in the North Georgia Mountains.  I plan to trailer it to Tail of the Dragon, Devil's Triangle, and a few other places this season.  Keep it clean, Jason

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:15:37 PM by TT000090 »
KEEP IT CLEAN!  Cheers, Jason

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Congrats on a Clean Machine!

My 3 years and 38K miles on a Brammo Empulse was the foundation of making the switch to an EV car. With a 238 mile range, current availability, and after-rebate price of around $30K, I went for the Chevy Bolt EV. One of the coolest cars I've ever owned.

Enjoy the bike on some fine roads!

TT000090

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats on a Clean Machine!

My 3 years and 38K miles on a Brammo Empulse was the foundation of making the switch to an EV car. With a 238 mile range, current availability, and after-rebate price of around $30K, I went for the Chevy Bolt EV. One of the coolest cars I've ever owned.

Enjoy the bike on some fine roads!

Thanks so much!  I'm curious about the Bolt... Have you pushed the limits of the mileage yet?  I always like to know if any "reserve" is available with my EV's.  The Empulse has zero reserve and left me stranded showing approximately 6%.  However, I was able to turn it on after a few minutes and get home (about 1/4 mile).  Also, how's the acceleration on the Bolt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
I haven't had a need to push the range limit on the Bolt. So far, the Guess-O-Meter seems to be adjusting to my patterns. A magazine team drove a Bolt in real-world conditions and exceeded the 238 mile EPA estimate, with a lot of the time spent at highway speeds:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-chevrolet-bolt-ev-first-drive-review

Acceleration is brisk. The motor will chirp the tires. There's a "Sport" button that I use to get on the freeway on-ramps and it makes a noticeable difference. Here's a quote from GM:

"The engineering team designed the Bolt EV's electric motor with an offset gear and shaft configuration tailored to meet efficiency and performance targets – most notably more than an estimated 200 miles of range. The motor is capable of producing up to 266 lb.-ft. (360 Nm) of torque and 200 hp (150 kW) of motoring power. Combined with a 7.05:1 final drive ratio, it helps propel the Bolt EV from 0-60 mph in less than seven seconds."

My passengers have been impressed when I mash the right pedal!

sTeeve

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello All,

Recently bought a new 2016 Victory Empulse TT because the price was crazy good.  With the dissolving of Victory, dealerships are basically giving these EM's away.  Luckily, this one had the upgraded Marzocchi forks and the dealership didn't notice until the sale was almost complete.  No kidding.  So to compromise, I got it at cost. ha!

Since then, I've added 1000+ miles and a few mods...

- Motogadget m-Blaze disc bar end turn signals
- D.I.D. VX2 520 chain (Gold)
- littlefreak3000's fender eliminator (3D printed by shapeways)
- Radiantz Z-flex strip (brake light/amber turn signals)
- customTAYLOR33 High Intensity Grade Reflective Wheel tape (RED)
- Pit Bull 8mm Spool Kit (Red)
- HOTSYSTEM LED License Plate Screw light
- Shaved the front turn signal brackets and re-painted black

My goal was to have the bike look as clean as possible.  I have a few additional things I plan to do soon...  powder coating the pegs, brake lever, shift lever, etc.  I'll also add a Prestige tag...something like AMPED, ELKTRK, NOGAS, etc.  Haven't decided yet...

You can tell by my subject line that I own and have been driving EV's for many years...  It's strange to me that these bikes haven't caught on more.  I don't know anyone in Georgia with an electric bike???  Regardless, this bike is amazing in the North Georgia Mountains.  I plan to trailer it to Tail of the Dragon, Devil's Triangle, and a few other places this season.  Keep it clean, Jason

Jason,
     You're aware of the DigiNow Supercharger V2?  http://diginow.it/super-charger-for-zero-motorcycle.php

It is claimed to work on the Empulse TT.
Have any interest in installing one?  I'm looking at buying an Empulse TT soon and have asked Brandon of DigiNow about installation.  Thought we could get a discount together.

-Bob K.

TT000090

• View Profile
    • Email
@ Bob K.

It's definitely interesting...  However, I built an open source EVSE L1/L2 (auto) 50 AMP that I use for my EV's.  This gives me adequate charging time while at home.

Is your goal to just have faster charging while 'out and about'?  I find that there are plenty of L2's that I can use with my Empulse.  The amount of time spent charging hasn't actually been a factor for me... However, I don't use this bike as my everyday motorcycle.  Would like to hear your thoughts...

Jason