Author Topic: Victory Service Manual  (Read 2497 times)

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Victory Service Manual
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:52:03 AM »
I like to work on my own stuff and my Victory Empulse is no different than anything else I own.  Until I got the Victory service manual PN 9926260 R01 I had been using the Brammo manual (courtesy of the forum Wiki---thanks).  This manual is a lot more comprehensive and deals with just about everything you need to know to service the bike.  It shows in detail removal and installation of all major components along with how to rebuild things like the transmission and forks.  Also included are a complete set of wiring diagrams and information about dealer programming of the various drive, control and charging systems.

As the manual was published early on (November 2015) there are a couple of glaring errors.  Some issues in the specs for example or a complete section (in the final drive) on working on the motor.  Unfortunately, the motor shown is the older IET motor, not the parker GVM which is used in our bikes.

Even if you don't work on your bike yourself, the manual is nice to have as Victory dealers dry up and you need to take your bike to another Polaris branded dealer or an independent shop it would be a benefit to have a set of "instructions" to help their mechanics service your bike.  $169 a little pricey but worth in IMO  :) .   
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:54:50 AM by siai47 »

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Victory Service Manual
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 10:34:08 AM »
Excellent info....  Thanks you....

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 04:33:30 PM »
I thought the motors were all Parker. The IET is the maker of the Transmission, right?. Mine is #24 and it's a Parker motor.

Does it go over programming, firmware, BMS?

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 07:25:09 PM »
It has a section on diagnostics for the battery and motor controller.  It also can do firmware updates (if you had access to the files) and talks about reading and displaying the log files on the motorcycles USB card.  This stuff all requires additional cables and Polaris software---so unless you want to try to get that, it's more informational than anything.  You can look at a lot of the screens available in the software and see what it is capable of doing.  It's more service/diagnostic orientated than modification.  However, at least the cable PN's and availability would help you get the servcon software up and running if you wanted to go that route.  It's possible that any changes to an OEM controller might not be possible without some super secret password.

As far as the motor is concerned, If you look at the early Brammo's v.s. the later Brammo's there is a change in the motor.  You can see from the cover on the encoder end, the battery cable connections and the coolant connections.  If you Google "IET motorcycle transmission" you will see the earlier motor with the IET logo it where the Brammo bull would be.  The later Brammo's and all the Viictory's have the Parker motor which is a different type of motor than the early one.  It's obvious that the service manual used a lot of Brammo information and photographs as you can see the Brammo logo in some of the pictures.  Others are Victory specific.  I could be wrong about the motor but someone who really knows the Brammo Empulse will surely have the answer.

new-brammo-guy

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 05:39:02 PM »
I just bought the digital service manual for the Victory Empulse TT:
https://www.flipbookpublishing.shop/store/p41/2016-VICTORY-EMPULSE-TT-MOTORCYCLE-SERVICE-MANUAL-DOWNLOAD.html#/

Cost $15 and can be viewed in browser or downloaded as pdf.

I was unsure it'd actually work... but it did. Full color, searchable, etc. Very nice.

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 07:47:05 PM »
Nice
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 12:55:57 PM »
I just bought the digital service manual for the Victory Empulse TT:
https://www.flipbookpublishing.shop/store/p41/2016-VICTORY-EMPULSE-TT-MOTORCYCLE-SERVICE-MANUAL-DOWNLOAD.html#/

Cost $15 and can be viewed in browser or downloaded as pdf.

I was unsure it'd actually work... but it did. Full color, searchable, etc. Very nice.

Nice find....  Picked one up....  Much thanks....