Author Topic: Should I buy a Victory Empulse?  (Read 1366 times)

sunchaser

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Should I buy a Victory Empulse?
« on: August 17, 2019, 09:21:10 PM »
Hello. I’m looking for opinions on whether or not I should buy an Empulse. It looks like there are dealers that have new 2016 models for about $6000 to $7000. I’ve read some posts on the forum about people having difficulties (to put it mildly) with parts and service.  I contacted a local dealer and was told that it looks like parts are still available for the bike.

Any advice from current owners would be appreciated.

Thanks.

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should I buy a Victory Empulse?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 12:40:35 AM »
For 6 or 7k that is a good deal.  My Empulse was about $7500 after it was all said and done with the discounts and tax credits. 

Just make sure and look the bike over, make sure no fluids are leaking look under the motor/gearbox.  Make sure it charges also.  You should understand that you won't be able to ride this bike long distances like beyond 50 miles without it needing a charge.  It's a sweet bike and even by today's standards is still a good electric motorcycle.

I'm surprised there are still some new ones around =P
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 01:17:51 AM »
Agreed, good deal, IF you are understand that if pretty much anything electrical craps out, you are up a creek without a paddle unless your have a firm grounding (no pun) in electronics.

Motor, controller and BMS issues come to mind that are way outside my wheelhouse, even if I had access to the custom computer software.

Even though I still get big grins from my Brammo Empulse after 41K miles, I'd have to think twice before dropping 6 large on a bike that couldn't be repaired in the normal dealer way, and, perhaps, not at all.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 10:14:21 AM »
Comments made thus far are spot on....  I really enjoy my Empulse TT and it has been problem free....  Parts availability is still very good....  My Polaris dealer will still work on them, but I hear that most will not....

sunchaser

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 01:07:41 PM »
Thank you all for sharing your experiences.  I just purchased a 2010 Enertia and really enjoy riding electric.  Just wish that it had a bit more range.  Maybe for now I'll stick with what I have, although the parts and service situation for the Brammo Enertia is much worse than the Victory Empulse.

It's good to see that there are still people on the forum.

Thanks again for the help.