Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia

replace motor?

(1/3) > >>

09enertia:
My 09 Enertia just died and wondering where I could get parts and work done around Los Angeles. After 5000 miles, the motor and "gear shaft" were stripped and had to be replaced, which Brammo did. Now at 25000 miles, it seems like the same problem. The bike only barely moves if the throttle is barely turned. A normal turn of the throttle only makes a rattling sound. Chain and sprockets are fine, so the problem seems internal the same as last time. Wondering where I can buy a replacement motor and "gear shaft" and get the work done. Thanks for any suggestions!

Richard230:
I would think that your only option would be to contact Harlan at Hollywood Electrics, located in North Hollywood.  If anyone can help you he is the guy as he works on all kinds of electric motorcycles and used to sell the Brammo brand.

jazz999:
There is an Enertia motor on ebay right now http://www.ebay.com/itm/193-01-brammo-enertia-electric-motorcycle-motor-perm-PMS-120-7-kw-/302250409770?hash=item465f873f2a:g:P1kAAOSw4CFYxbjj

Brammofan:
Wow! Great find, Jazz.

09enertia:
Thanks, Jazz. Yes, I had seen that motor on Ebay; I'm considering it. First, trying to find someone who can do the work.

Hollywood Electrics stopped servicing Brammos a couple years ago when they stopped selling Brammos. However, I have heard that Polaris Victory might service Brammos, so I'll check with them.

I was getting brakes and chain work done at Metrikmoto in Culver City. Good shop. I'm guessing the problem is that I didn't keep my chain clean enough recently and the mess jammed the insides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version