Author Topic: System Fault B6 - BMS Not Communicating  (Read 1947 times)

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
System Fault B6 - BMS Not Communicating
« on: September 07, 2018, 02:36:13 AM »
Hello everyone,

Yesterday afternoon, when I was driving on my Brammo Enertia Plus (production year 2013, 8000 km on the speedometer), the B6 error message suddenly appeared on the display. Then I could not accelerate and the motorcycle stopped. Fortunately, after turning the ignition key off and on, the error message disappeared and I could go again. This happened to me twice during yesterday afternoon with two different rides. Subsequently, the mistake did not appear even when driving last night or this morning.

I suspect there is some bad contact in the BMS cable between the battery and the VCU. I'm going to remove the top cover over the battery and clear the cable contacts.

I still noticed a strange thing: before the ride, during which the error message first appeared, I charged the battery at 100%. During charging, it was not possible to switch to a screen where battery balance details can be viewed. I held the gray button on the right side of the handlebar for more than 7 seconds, but the information on the display did not change.

Do you have someone with this error and its removal of some experience?
Ovaobike MCR-M 2022 #24
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150
Brammo Enertia Plus 2013 #205
Peugeot E-Vivacity 2012 #978
Renault Fluence Z.E. 2012