Author Topic: Hello from Ontario  (Read 1201 times)

beeks8

• View Profile
Hello from Ontario
« on: May 26, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
hello Everyone,
I've had the Empulse TT for about a month now, just changed the oil at 1,000km.  Fun bike. 
Little concerned with range though.  fully charged, it says my range is 151km.  I'm lucky to get 100km.  I've calculated consumption to be between 8.5 to 11KWH/100km.
Here is a photo from today's ride near Orangeville.
cheers,
steve

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hello from Ontario
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 01:57:09 PM »
Hi beeks! Great looking bike and what a ... um... rustic charging spot.  I used to have sign-sized decals that said "Electric Motorcycle Charging Only" and it had a silhouette of an Enertia on it. I think I sold all of them, however.

Sorry to hear about the range. Maybe some of the other Empulse owners will chime in.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

beeks8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 02:14:51 PM »
thanks for the welcome.  Don't get me wrong.... I love the bike, just wondering if this is normal or if i need to go back to the dealer.
BTW - the photo was taken at a conservation area parking lot.  I rode out there, and then went out for a hour hike before heading home.  Its great that they installed a free charging station.
cheers,
steve

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 04:09:00 PM »
If this is at highway speeds, I'd say it was fairly typical range. What speed do you maintain on the highway?

Most of us have found that adding a windscreen improved range by around 10%. I also get more range in "Sport" mode, IF I restrain the urge to twist my right wrist too fast. I think this is due to increased regen, so highway mileage wouldn't be affected.

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 06:36:43 PM »
Beeks8, nice to see a fellow Canuck (I'm in Peterborough ont) on the forum, I have often thought about trading my zero for the empulse especially with the price they were selling them for,  as for the range I think the best way to look at it is that when you go low and slow (60-80) you get 1.5 km per percent anything around 100 you should get about 1km per percent, this is gathered from riding with the salesman on several "test drives "

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 04:25:27 PM »
Closing in on 4000miles on my empulse TT. I'm on a lighter build myself (~150lbs with clothing, helmet and jacket) and my bike has a MRA windscreen.

I consistently get about 75 miles on freeways (60-65 mph average speeds). I certainly get 90 miles in highways (twisty roads) and around 100+ miles in city/traffic conditions. The lowest range i've ever got is ~60 miles and thats when i rode quite hard (not "track" hard) and on a really windy day.
I really feel that chain maintenance plays a hand as well (maybe upto about 5%).
Last but not the least, riding style. Leaning on to the windscreen and as Shinysideup says, sport mode in city with a little bit of declutch here and there all add up.

I hardly look at the "range" on the dashboard. I look at the miles i ride and the percentage of battery used up to calculate range.

Hope that helps!