Author Topic: Another new member  (Read 1207 times)

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Another new member
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:37:55 PM »
I just registered for the forum today but have been lurking here and other Brammo forums for several years.  I have been interested in Alternative fuel vehicles for a number of years and have been waiting to pull the trigger on an electric motorcycle for quite awhile.  My vehicles over the years have run the gambit of hybrid, BEV and natural gas power.  The oldest pure BEV was a Grumman "Kurbwatt" postal van.  Then I purchased two S-10E pickups (couldn't get an EV-1).  One was lead-acid and the other NiMh.  The first really complete electric I owned until I sold them and got a 2002 RAV4-EV.  That was a landmark vehicle--still one of the best I had.  Sold it and replaced it with a Nissan LEAF--another (minor) step forward except the RAV4 with NiMH batteries bested the LEAF with Li-Ion for range.  Both were leases and when they ended I leased a Mitsubishi I-MiEV for no money down and $99 a month payment.  Slightly lower range than the LEAF but a good solid almost "free" car.  I finally took the plunge and bought a new 2014 Tesla Model S sedan.  Single motor S85, pre-autopilot.  Great car, great range but not practical for me--a little large and pretentious for my tastes so although I enjoyed it, I traded it in (even up) for a new 2017 Volt and a new 2015 Impala CNG.

As far as motorcycles, the only electric I owned was a Vectrix scooter which I drove until the charger failed and I couldn't repair it.  It's NiMh batteries now reside in my home backup power system.  I followed the wind-down at Brammo and watched the Polaris purchase hoping that new money coming in might lead to some neat new products from Polaris/Victory.  I never imagined that Victory would close it's doors (or was operating on such thin margins) that Euro 4 specs and ABS brake requirements would put the final nail in the coffin for the company ---- and the Empulse.  So about a month ago, I bought a new Empulse TT from a dealer at an excellent price.  A friend of mine is picking it up in Michigan as I write this and trailering it to it's new home in central Florida.  In the meantime I have a small pile of parts (forks, flyscreen, fender eliminator, frame protector and service manual) sitting here waiting for the bikes arrival. 

Kind of a long intro, but the information on this forum has really helped me make the purchase decision and also decisions about modifications that I might want to do in the future.  I hope I can help in some small way to repay the efforts of all the members that came before me in getting some of the mysteries of the Empulse unraveled. 

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Another new member
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »
Congrats!

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Another new member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 05:37:03 PM »
Welcome! I am super tempted to get a "Victory" empulse TT as they are no SUPER cheap... however I think i'd miss the simple automatic single gear riding of my Enertia... the increased range would be nice though... Feel free to post some pictures of your bike when you get a chance!