Author Topic: Mine is Dead now too  (Read 7278 times)

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mine is Dead now too
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 05:45:46 AM »
I didn't like the small windscreen it kinda felt like it did nothing unless you were full tuck.  I ordered a MRA X-Screen I might try that with the small windscreen and if I don't like it I'll sell it.  The brackets are nice though.

Do u know if those brackets fit other screens? I have the MRA RNB and I don't think it'll for that.

The windscreen has to be flat on the bottom to be able to fit the bracket.  I actually had to rotate my nation deflector windscreen around to be able to us the x-creen I like it but the spitfire brackets are garbage it bobbles around too much.  I was thinking of of drilling the holes in the windscreen and mounting the deflector upsidedown on the Victory bracket.  It'd look ugly but it would be rocksolid.  Or I might just get a MRA windscreen with the the MRA mounts. 

How is the MRA mounts?  Are they pretty solid the screen doesn't bobble around or get loose?
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 02:51:50 PM »
My MRA screen doesn't move at high speeds.

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 03:09:51 PM »
Mine neither. And overall the screen itself is pretty good. I'm sure its giving me a 5-10% increase in range at freeway speeds. The mounts work well for the OEM handlebar. I replaced mine and the brackets dont fit that very perfectly now, but it works well enough.

I certainly like the brackets. Also Victory is running discount now for the short windscreen (its at 80$ i think)
Would be worth buying that for the brackets alone maybe?

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 05:11:21 PM »
So did you get the new Empulse? Also thank you all for posting your stories here as it is discouraged me from pulling the trigger on a 6k empulse tt... sounds like 6k is still too much to pay to risk a dead bike. I'll keep riding my 1900 dollar enertia until something happens, but I feel as if after a few weeks Ive already got my moneys worth  :)

shayan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2017, 03:31:59 PM »
(Assuming u were asking me) Yes i did get a new Empulse, but this was last september and before Polaris announced Victory's end of life. Around 4600 miles and going good! Havent seen real big issues so far and getting a good 85+ miles on freeway riding. So I feel its worth it :)

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 06:03:37 PM »
Wow 85+ thats way better than me I can only get 60 freeway
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2017, 09:34:28 AM »
(Assuming u were asking me) Yes i did get a new Empulse, but this was last september and before Polaris announced Victory's end of life. Around 4600 miles and going good! Havent seen real big issues so far and getting a good 85+ miles on freeway riding. So I feel its worth it :)

Congrats! And that's nice range for freeway riding! I'm really tempted to test my Enertia but at the same time scared to push it that hard on max throttle considering it is 7 yrs old... I'm getting about 40 miles of range around town so pretty happy

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2017, 02:37:30 PM »
Reading this thread, I'm wondering if it would be helpful to recruit current Empulse and Enertia owners who would be willing to sell or gift theirs to others in this group who need parts to make up for the lack of help and parts coming from Polaris.

For example, as much as I would sorely miss my Empulse R EBoz edition, it would give me lots of warm fuzzies to know that someone who loved the bike could put it or its parts to good use for many years to come.  Mine is still in great condition, has had the oil breather tube recall already addressed, has just come home with a clean bill of health from the 9K service, and feels like it will run for many more than the 10K miles it has already clocked.

In short, mine is not dead.  Would someone like to make a serious offer?
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2017, 02:55:28 PM »
Reading this thread, I'm wondering if it would be helpful to recruit current Empulse and Enertia owners who would be willing to sell or gift theirs to others in this group who need parts to make up for the lack of help and parts coming from Polaris.

For example, as much as I would sorely miss my Empulse R EBoz edition, it would give me lots of warm fuzzies to know that someone who loved the bike could put it or its parts to good use for many years to come.  Mine is still in great condition, has had the oil breather tube recall already addressed, has just come home with a clean bill of health from the 9K service, and feels like it will run for many more than the 10K miles it has already clocked.

Have you lost your mind? If anything you should be looking to keep that limited edition and be asking if someone wants to sell their bike because their's went kaput.  I need Plastics, 2013 handle bars, OEM clutch lever, and some other stuff I can't think of right now.
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2017, 12:07:47 AM »

Post pics?!!! That is so cool. Just got my Brammo hat in the mail today that I scored off eBay... Looks brand new and looks damn good hanging on coat rack by my motorcycle gear 👍

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2017, 12:51:37 AM »

Have you lost your mind?

Could be.  :) 

In all seriousness, sorry for my poor choice of words.  I shouldn't have implied that a working EBoz bike should be parted out to resurrect a standard Empulse.

If anything you should be looking to keep that limited edition and be asking if someone wants to sell their bike because their's went kaput.  I need Plastics, 2013 handle bars, OEM clutch lever, and some other stuff I can't think of right now.

In your scenario, you're suggesting that I cannibalize others' Empulses to maintain the EBoz.  That's of course a great idea and I totally get that.  Except for one thing:  I'm not mechanically inclined.  If something goes wrong with the bike, and a local professional couldn't repair it, then I'm SOL.

We both arguably hold an EBoz in high regard.  Rather than wait for it to become unrideable before passing it along for parts, I thought it would be nice to give someone else--someone more capable of keeping it in good repair for many exciting years to come--a chance to enjoy it while it still runs?

If there are no tempting offers, I would be proud to continue to have the honor of riding it.

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2017, 01:05:23 AM »
Post pics?!!! That is so cool. Just got my Brammo hat in the mail today that I scored off eBay... Looks brand new and looks damn good hanging on coat rack by my motorcycle gear 👍

Let me know if you find these professional photos by Icon Motosports helpful.  My photos always wash out the purple blue.

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2017, 01:29:06 PM »
Are you in the Tampa, FL area?

Have you lost your mind?

Could be.  :) 

In all seriousness, sorry for my poor choice of words.  I shouldn't have implied that a working EBoz bike should be parted out to resurrect a standard Empulse.

If anything you should be looking to keep that limited edition and be asking if someone wants to sell their bike because their's went kaput.  I need Plastics, 2013 handle bars, OEM clutch lever, and some other stuff I can't think of right now.

In your scenario, you're suggesting that I cannibalize others' Empulses to maintain the EBoz.  That's of course a great idea and I totally get that.  Except for one thing:  I'm not mechanically inclined.  If something goes wrong with the bike, and a local professional couldn't repair it, then I'm SOL.

We both arguably hold an EBoz in high regard.  Rather than wait for it to become unrideable before passing it along for parts, I thought it would be nice to give someone else--someone more capable of keeping it in good repair for many exciting years to come--a chance to enjoy it while it still runs?

If there are no tempting offers, I would be proud to continue to have the honor of riding it.
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2017, 01:31:03 PM »
Opposite corner:  the Seattle, WA area.

PaulHMartinez

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »
New bike in the garage!
With preformance fork, set up by some of my genius motorcycle racer types. Rides so much better now. Came way too stiff to commute.
Rode it to work 3 times last week.
So far so good. Battery even seems to be better on this one.
The original was VIN 066 this one is 0216. Improved, maybe.
All I know is I'm not burning gas again and it's still very cool.
I've added the lowered pegs and handle bar riser and Puig windscreen.
Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to ad a gel pad into the seat.
I managed to find a set of GIVI racks for side cases, hope to get cases soon.
Was a long ordeal,  but seems to have finally worked out.
I'm giving Victory a second chance.

By the way I did make contact with Brammo about the ongoing repair that couldn't be preformed.
They referred me to Victory and said they no longer support any motorcycles.

Thanks