General > Victory Empulse

Parts and Service availability - legal ramifications?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Virtually Yours:
What a fiasco!  >:(
Looks like it's donor bikes and sourcing parts from where Brammo got parts.., I.e. Parker, SEVCON, etc.
My understanding is the only thing that Brammo made themselves where the Batteries...
So has anyone tried contacting these companies directly?

skuzzle:

--- Quote from: Virtually Yours on August 10, 2017, 02:53:17 PM ---Looks like it's donor bikes and sourcing parts from where Brammo got parts.., I.e. Parker, SEVCON, etc.

--- End quote ---

It looks like Sevcon parts might disappear as well...https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/07/17/1047327/0/en/Sevcon-Signs-Definitive-Agreement-to-be-Acquired-by-BorgWarner.html

HadesOmega:
Why would merging with Borg Warner make their parts not available?  If anything it would make it more available wouldn't it?  Borg Warner sells tons of autoparts.  Maybe you could order their parts through autozone who knows.  But yeah all these mergings to kind of make a mess of things don't they?

nunux59:
The problem with the motor controller is that it also contains Brammo software. Without access to it and without a way to upload it, it is quite useless. I am trying to get the software and cables to talk to the motor controller and it really not an easy task as a final consumer. I don't know if it is the same for the on-board charger but it could also be problematic.

frodus:
The charger doesn't have anything custom, it's just a CANbus charger, taking commands from the VCU.

The controller is simple, and I have the DCF files that go into it for the different motors (the R had a different one than the E1). I saved them off me and a friend's motorcycle. I have the DVT software and IXXAT CAN dongle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version