Author Topic: Got to Ride an Energica Eva  (Read 425 times)

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Got to Ride an Energica Eva
« on: August 29, 2017, 02:49:51 AM »
So kind on a whim I decided to go ride the Energica Eva.  Energica USA's service center is located in Redwood City, California which is about 20ish miles from where I live so I rode my Empulse down there and took it for a test ride.  I had so much fun on the demo ride so much fun I forgot to take pictures but I got plenty of video of me riding it.  I did a lot of comparing with the Empulse, since its like I rode them back to back.  In my opinion the Eva is very comparable to the Empulse but its can do a little bit more.  Like it has more power, bigger batter capacity, bigger size, heavier, etc...  If I were to relate the two bikes to a comparison of ICE bikes I say its like the difference between a Yamaha FZ-07 compared to the FZ-09.  Its got boat loads of power and torque probably more than the Zero SR.  It's too bad the Eva costs quite a bit.

Part 1 Demo Ride

Part 2 Demo Ride

Website Comparison
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Got to Ride an Energica Eva
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »
Here is an interview with Energica's new U.S. General Manager.  I thought they had a store in San Francisco?  And a couple of other comments that he made didn't seem quite right to me. I don't think he is all that informed regarding Zero's products:   ???
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/energica/mo-interview-stefano-benatti-energica-u-s-general-manager.html
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »
Yes I believe they have a showroom/dealer in SF.  Haven't seen it yet I had helluva time getting the Empulse up there last time I went but I guess I can ride a gasoline bike to check it out I never did get a picture of it.  But I think they probably saw I was in San Jose when I signed up for the test ride and had me to go to their service center in Redwood City.

I didn't get to meet Stefano but he did send me and email to get in contact with Chris the service manager who I went on the test ride with.  He did mention the gear oil needing to be changed I think he meant the motor oil as it is an oil cooled motor.  Chris mentioned that like the Empulse you'd need that initial oil change and after that is quite a long interval like 20,000 miles (sorry I forgot the number but it was much longer than the Empulse's 3000 miles).  Stefano mentioned the brakes in that article and like I mentioned in the ride video I honestly think you'd NEVER change the brake pads on that bike since the regen is so strong, the only reason I would think you'd run those pads down is if you don't ride with the regen on or your riding it on a track often doing heavy braking.  I guess he could mean the brake fluid? 

Also they mentioned changes in that article.  Chris was talking about the did a firmware update and it gave the bike more power.  I think that is what they are mentioning, I guess the firmware was able to unlock some more power.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 01:21:28 AM »
I've been to their place on Page St. in San Francisco. IIRC, it was kind of a factory outlet place, their foray into North America. So maybe the SF dealer he's looking for in the article is yet another classification, like an existing dealer that will take on the Energica line. Here's the spokesperson speaking in the article: "I want 10 top-brand dealers."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:33:39 AM by Shinysideup »