Author Topic: Hello from Vegas  (Read 1157 times)

blkjack2u

• View Profile
Hello from Vegas
« on: October 28, 2017, 02:27:38 PM »
Hi! I am a proud owner of a 2016 Victory Empulse TT for the last year here in Las Vegas. Previously had a CBR600RR for several years before deciding to switch over to EV since I primarily use for commuting; took advantage of Victory's inventory clearance at the end of last year. Just did my first few mods recently:

- Motodemic Custom Headlight Brackets
- JW Speaker Evo 2 w/ Motodemic metric headlight bucket
- Rizoma Action LED turn signals

Don't mind the ugly horn, had to relocate it; working on a permanent location, including a better horn.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:31:46 PM by blkjack2u »
2016 Victory Empulse TT - Motodemic Custom Headlight Brackets | JW Speaker Evo 2 w/ Motodemic metric headlight bucket | Rizoma Action LED turn signals

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Vegas
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »
Nice.

What headlight is that?

I've had along odyssey trying to find a decent moto horn.

The Stebel Nautilus Compact Airhorn (and knockoffs), are the business as far as volume is concerned. But I've given up on them. They don't seem to last me more than a year. I suspect water getting blown in the horn, but they just seem to crap out too soon for their price. Plus, they're really hard to hide.

The electric ones, even with names that make your ears feel like they will certainly bleed, don't impress me at all with their volume.

My totally inelegant solution: Tie wrap the air cannister for a 100 psi bicycle air horn around the left shock tube and use the old OEM mirror mount (after mounting bar ends), to fasten the plastic horn part that usually mounts on a bicycle handlebar. (No more room on my bars due to way too many farkles). I have to raise my left thumb and push sideways toward the center of the bike, but I've gotten in the habit of covering the button with my thumb when traffic gets dicey, or when lane splitting.

It's WAY LOUD and piercing in frequency. And even then, cars will continue to merge into my on the freeway, AFTER they've turned and looked at the noise. I really wish I could mount a train horn. Maybe haul it and its compressor on a trailer? I rather like the sound of the Leslie SuperTyfon model S-5T.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_horn

blkjack2u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 10:45:04 PM »
The headlight is the 7" JW Speaker Evo 2. I was eyeing their adaptive headlight, but since I'm not on pitch black roads very often, didn't see an additional $500 as a good investment to light up the inside corners.

I wonder if I could just go without the horn since it doesn't seem to do me any good, heavy traffic and with cars having better insulation, no one can hear it. Heck, sometimes they don't notice the ambulance or fire truck either. Just have to stick to my offensive/defensive riding tactics.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:49:10 PM by blkjack2u »
2016 Victory Empulse TT - Motodemic Custom Headlight Brackets | JW Speaker Evo 2 w/ Motodemic metric headlight bucket | Rizoma Action LED turn signals

Ashveratu

• Electrified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 12:05:19 AM »
That headlight looks pretty slick, I may have to look into doing something like as well. Those turn signals are also the best looking signals for our bikes (IMO), they match the lines very well.
2012 Zero S.......returned to Zero for a full refund after one year of problems

2014 Empulse going strong

Fab

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 03:52:56 AM »
Welcome,
very nice custom ideas!