Author Topic: HadesOmega Rides the Alta Redshift EX  (Read 513 times)

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
HadesOmega Rides the Alta Redshift EX
« on: December 13, 2017, 03:44:24 AM »
Got to ride the Alta Redshift EX last weekend man what a blast it was to ride an electric dirtbike.  I shoulda rode the Empulse up there to represent the electrics but I wanted to play on the dirt after.  Makes me wonder what it would be like if Brammo had continued to make electric motorcycles and built the Engage.

Here is an after VLOG I did with some of my thought and more info on the Redshift EX

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:42:48 PM by HadesOmega »
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: HadesOmega Rides the Alta Redshift EX
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:22:51 PM »
Thanks for doing the videos....  Very well done, fun (your laughter said it all) and informative....  I was up at Metcalf Sunday also....  I'm not much of a dirt guy, rode the SM a few weeks back and gotta have one....  I'm turning into a Toaster (electric) guy too, have an Empulse TT as well....  Alta has certainly done things right...

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 02:46:02 PM »
Sorry I accidentally posted the 2nd video link twice fixed now...

Yeah that Alta was a lotta fun has enough juice to blast around the trails all day the price is just up there compared to their competition which is pretty much the same for all electrics for now...  But the EX is plated and could use it for more than just dirt riding.  Probably put some dual sport tires and maybe gear it wider so it'll have more top speed.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »
I agree with you....  the Alta's are pricey....  But, if you look at the quality of all of the components, the frame design and execution (perfect welds), attention to detail, etc. you start to get the picture.  Probably the biggest stumbling block ($$$$) with virtually all electric motorcycles right now is building in small batches.  Larger  production runs could change prices tremendously....  I still have to have an Alta SM....  The thing just makes me laugh inside my helmet !!!!

P.S. 2016 Victory Empulse TT #169
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:44:37 PM by Ultratoad »

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 08:26:07 PM »
Yes the craftmanship is very good, like I mentioned in the second video it's like they engineering the motor fit the frame like it belongs there.  I didn't mention that that open section where the rear shock is makes it easy to adjust the preload unlike on our bikes where it is very difficult to get to the preload collar =/

Now I want to try the supermoto one out =p