Author Topic: Pcba sensor temperature reference?  (Read 1079 times)

boxerpower

• View Profile
Pcba sensor temperature reference?
« on: June 25, 2023, 05:41:24 AM »
Hello everyone.
     I recently redid the battery of my Empulse (in another post I show how I did it), but I disassembled the modules again to install some 6ohm 22w resistors so that they burn energy during the balancing, since I observed that when it reaches 100% charge originally used the heaters for that purpose.
     That being said, when I reassembled everything again, the B32 and B40 came out because one of the modules failed with the pcba temperature sensor. When diagnosing said module, the error "smbus bit 14" and "smbus to many errors" appear. I understand that when said sensor fails, which is the one taken as a reference by the other four cell sensors, this type of error occurs. Am I wrong? Has it happened to anyone else?
     The value of said sensor does not vary from 24.95C from what I understand that it is a preset value of the smbus. I have unsoldered the sensor (an smd right next to the humidity one) and left three cables ready to put a new one on it, but I have not been able to see its reference. Does anyone know the reference of this sensor? I have only been able to find out that it works at 5v and that it has three pins (+v. GND and Vout).
     And I'm also not sure if it's an analog or digital sensor..any suggestions? Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my English. Greetings to all.

Korbin Dallas

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pcba sensor temperature reference?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 09:38:07 AM »
Great post on the battery rebuild. I dont have any information about your recent problems. I have a question. Why not put the cell heaters back in? would that make the problem go away?
2013 Brammo Empulse #602 INOP Sold
2016 Victory Empulse #199
2003 Suzuki SV1000S

boxerpower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 10:25:05 AM »
Great post on the battery rebuild. I dont have any information about your recent problems. I have a question. Why not put the cell heaters back in? would that make the problem go away?
Hello korbin Dallas. The new cells do not need heaters as they have a better temperature tolerance. The problem I have now would continue to persist since I have the fault in one of the pcba sensors of a module. From what I was observing, the temperature calculation is always done by each module by comparing the values of the four sensors in the cells with that of the pcba (reference). If you remove a cell sensor, the motorcycle would continue to work, but even if all four cell sensors work, if the one that fails is the pcba (reference), the VCU interprets a critical failure and activates the Interlock (B40).

boxerpower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 10:28:43 AM »
I will try to test various analog and digital sensors and if not, then I will find a way to remove the interlock so that it does not cause problems.