Author Topic: EmpulseTT Restoration Help  (Read 566 times)

charlielopez

• View Profile
    • Email
EmpulseTT Restoration Help
« on: September 23, 2023, 10:53:20 AM »
Looking to make an attempt at restoring my 2016 Empulse TT . . . I need to look up the production number, it is one of the later ones.
I have the original motor and a spare, both burned out, can anyone help with the retooling of the motor?
I have tracked down the original manufacturer and they no longer have the capacity to do the work or any spare motors.
Is it even possible, has anyone heard of it being done?
I believe that greatest obstacle to this technology becoming more mainstream is the community's ability to source parts and resources.

Korbin Dallas

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: EmpulseTT Restoration Help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 11:42:57 AM »
http://www.centerelectric.com/services/
have you tried contacting anyone that does this?
2013 Brammo Empulse #602 INOP Sold
2016 Victory Empulse #199
2003 Suzuki SV1000S

charlielopez

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 10:08:51 PM »
I have consulted several winding companies and that is my frustration! It is a normal procedure for electric motors, but our motor is definitely special. Recently, I have been working with the OEM and they say that it must be retooled to rather tight specifications . . . from that engineering team:
Here are the barriers:
1)   We do not salvage housings because it is too time-consuming and expensive.  The stators are shrunk-fit into the housing. They cannot be pressed out. However, if the stator is removed from the housing and the housing is not damaged, we have a chance that we can re-install the stator in your housing.  Re-iterating: the stator cannot be pressed out, do so will definitely damage the precious housing

Korbin Dallas

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 08:28:42 AM »
That is interesting. So I am guessing that the stator is cold shrunk (immersion in liquid nitrogen) and then the housing is heated. Can you then find a way to cool the stator in the case to get it out? Or heat the case? You have the stator out of the case on your motors? I have decided to tackle the oil leak on my bike. I will update as it goes. Please keep us updated on your progress. I hope Parker can pass along more info or maybe an upgraded part for us😀
2013 Brammo Empulse #602 INOP Sold
2016 Victory Empulse #199
2003 Suzuki SV1000S