Author Topic: battery safety interlock open  (Read 689 times)

brugja

• View Profile
    • Email
battery safety interlock open
« on: January 20, 2018, 05:29:55 AM »
my log file gives this AIM message; Battery safety interlock open

What does it mean and how to get rid of it??
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:45:40 AM by brugja »

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: battery safety interlock open
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:53:22 AM »
The safety interlock is the large connector that sits right behind the steering head.  It connects the lower and upper batteries together and provides a way of splitting the battery into two sections so lethal voltages are reduced.  Try pulling it apart and pushing it back together after checking to make sure the pins are OK.  Maybe it got disturbed when you were working on your other pack problems.

BrammoQC

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Brammo, Inc
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »
Incorrect, the interlock is an internal safety feature to the battery module. There is no Plug or Switch. The interlock can be reset via a PC with the proper software...and yes I know this will be difficult to find but I'm sure someone out there or a former Brammo/Victory dealer may have the capability. Bigger question, why did the interlock trip? Sorry to be somewhat vague, just trying to point you in the correct direction.

DH

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 11:33:43 PM »
Me bad.  I was confusing the battery disconnect with the reported problem.  I will now leave in disgrace  :(

brugja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »
Incorrect, the interlock is an internal safety feature to the battery module. There is no Plug or Switch. The interlock can be reset via a PC with the proper software...and yes I know this will be difficult to find but I'm sure someone out there or a former Brammo/Victory dealer may have the capability. Bigger question, why did the interlock trip? Sorry to be somewhat vague, just trying to point you in the correct direction.

DH

thank you,

now i have to find someone with that software.....problems.....problems....problems.....  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[