Author Topic: HELP! Charging  (Read 635 times)

Regis188

• View Profile
    • Email
HELP! Charging
« on: February 14, 2018, 04:17:58 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wondering if a one has experienced this or maybe I totally messed up-

I use my Brammo empulse as a work vehicle.  I use it to film feature films, television action and commercials.

It was recently shipped from San Francisco to Louisiana and the key was inadvertently left on.  Now when hooking up the regular charger and a 240c charger both the bike and the charger is not doing anything.  They are both acting like
They are not recognizing they are plugged in.

Does this sound normal?  Did The batteries get ruined,  is there a re-set or maybe leave it plugged in for a while?  The bike is supposed to be traveling to Georgia right now to work on a movie tomorrow.  Scratching my head...

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! Charging
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:55:59 PM »
Was it fully charged when you shipped it or .... Does it power up at all?

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:42:28 PM »
There's a 12 volt DC power connector near or under the tank cover.  I don't have a Brammo but I know there is one there.  You might have a chance if you can find the connector and (observing proper polarity) apply power from a small battery (not a charger) to the terminals and you should get the bike to wake up enough to start the charging.  Normally, the DC-DC converter is booted when you turn the key on---That takes traction battery power as there is no 12 volt battery in the bike.  If the battery is low, it won't start the converter therefore no 12 volt control power.

I think that the battery has a low voltage disconnect (might have to be reset).  If there are design safegards for minimum battery voltage you should be OK.

Someone on this forum should be able to verify this and point you to the right way to make the connection properly.

Jay64

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »
I would say first step would be to check the pack voltage, see where it is at.
'13 Zero, '13 Brammo Empulse R, '06 GSXR 600, '03 GSXR 750, '05 Honda Shadow 750, Couple of home built electric bikes, handful of dirtbikes