Author Topic: Washed my Enertia now it wont go  (Read 1517 times)

ljt725

• View Profile
Washed my Enertia now it wont go
« on: October 28, 2018, 02:40:51 PM »
So I may have got my Enertia a little to wet when detailing it. When I finished washing it and went to take it home it wouldn't go, no error codes or fault lights. It says it's ready to drive but when I twist the throttle I feel a very small surge then nothing. hoping it dries out in the next couple days. Has anyone else experienced this maybe a guess on what part I may have got to wet to inspect or replace?

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Washed my Enertia now it wont go
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 04:44:25 PM »
Maybe it could use a good blow-dry with a hair dryer.  ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

amped

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 07:12:42 PM »
It's probably the kill switch on the handlebar next to the throttle. It's not protected from water intrusion, so rain or simply washing the bike might cause the problems your having. I had similar symptoms when I got caught in a heavy rain, ran fine till I shut it off. The fix is to blow out the interior of the switch from underneath with compressed air or use a hair dryer as Richard230 suggested. I preferred to remove the kill switch from the handlebar, blow out the insides until you don't see anymore moisture, then give the insides a shot or two of WD40, it acts as a water dis-placer, rock the switch a few times then blow the switch out again to remove any excess WD40 and reinstall. It should run normally now, if it doesn't your going to have to dig deeper.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 12:30:43 AM »
What amped said.

A big rain killed my Empulse R when water got in the throttle housing. Compressed air, WD-40. Then I taped the seam between the two halves with vinyl electrical tape. No problem since then.