Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse

Cut out in rain?

<< < (2/2)

HadesOmega:
Sorry yes the handle bar one

It could something up with the switch might want to replace it or open it up and spray some contact cleaner on it and some silicon lube.

Shinysideup:
I've had water be a problem twice:

First, a semi passed me in a low spot on the freeway and sent a wall of water over me and the bike. Bike cut out. Wiggling the plastic multi-wire connector behind the headlight allowed the bike to restart. My fix: blow the connector out with compressed air, spray in contact cleaner, plug wires back in, fill voids with dielectric grease, wrap the whole mess in vinyl electrical tape. No problems since.

Also had water enter the "throttle" assembly. Didn't kill the bike but resulted in no go when twisting throttle and then sudden VERY forceful takeoff. Scary. Happened about a block away from dealer where tech blew out the assembly and sprayed contact cleaner. I sealed up the seam in the assembly with a strip of vinyl electrical tape. No problems since.

OTOH, you may have just had an electrical gremlin. I've had the bike shut off a couple of times under hard acceleration. Started up again just afterward, once while rolling on the freeway with my holding the clutch in, turning the run switch off and back on again, and pressing the START button. Sure wish this bike a 4-way flashers!

Jay64:
I rode it a few blocks today and a few times when I got off the throttle the red triangle would start flashing. When I got back on the throttle it went away and the bike would drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version