Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse

transmission vent?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jay64:
the older Brammo manual says to add oil while it is on the side stand, so that might make a difference in oil level if you are doing it on a rear stand, hence the extra oil when it is on the rear stand. But then again, the older manual doesn't say anything about the weep plug or the vent, so maybe they changed things for the victory manual.

Ultratoad:
Be sure....  Be careful....  I know of NO motorcycle where you fill/add/check oil on the side stand....  You always add with the bike vertical (wheel choke, center stand, buddy sitting/holding)....  I also find it hard to believe that Brammo and Victory were using different transmissions....  I don't think Victory had time to make any changes after the purchase and production....  An overfill/underfill could cause some serious and expensive problems !!!!

Jay64:
I stated exactly what the owner's manual said.

siai47:
The transmission holds exactly one liter of oil.  If you drain the transmission completely and refill it with one liter of oil it will come out of the level check plug just at the point the oil bottle is empty.  This only works if the bike is in an upright position, not on it's side stand.  However, the Polaris service manual plainly states "The transmission should be filled with the motorcycle standing on level ground and supported on the kickstand".  It also states to fill the transmission with 1.0L (1 quart) of .....  One quart  and one liter aren't exactly the same.

I have been filling it with one liter of oil at each change.  I don't take the level plug out anymore because if you get a complete drain of the old oil (sitting upright) then adding one liter of oil will fill it correctly no matter what the position of the motorcycle is.

Jay64:
In the 2013 manual it states to fill "approximately 1.0L (1 quart)". I thought the use of the word approximately was an odd inclusion. Also since they stated 1 L and 1 Q I'm guessing it doesn't really matter in their view.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version