Author Topic: Shift light?  (Read 961 times)

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shift light?
« on: July 10, 2018, 07:30:04 PM »
So I've had this problem where I don't know when to shift.  On an ICE bike I can kind of feel and hear when to shift because of the engine's exhaust sound.  But on the Empulse I don't feel much change in the torque because it's pretty constant and it doesn't make much noise.  So I find myself overreving the motor a lot going into the redzone.  What RPM do you want to shift at to get the most power and efficiency?  i usually shift around 6500RPM or 7000RPM.

Has anyone installed a shift light on their Empulse to help you tell when to shift.  I feel when I am on the race track it's too distracting to stare at the tachometer when to shift, if I had a light to tell me when to shift it would be most beneficial to me.

is there a wire you can tap for a shift light?

I wish the bike already had something like that, like have all the "ECO" lights flash in a pattern or something like some of the modern day superbikes do.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:31:59 PM by HadesOmega »
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

Sabinn

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Shift light?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »
Good news, there are indicator lights on your console!
Look at page 24 of your manual :)

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 04:38:39 PM »
Interesting so I have a Victory Empulse so I don't have that page at least the one in the picture.  I thumbed through the manual right now and it doesn't mention this anywhere.  It does mention that those green lights are efficiency indicators and that the more green lights that are on the more efficiently the bike is running.  But it doesn't mention this.  Thanks, I will have to pay attention to it when I go for a ride, if would be nice if it flashed or something.  It could be Victory did away with this feature, but I did notice the lights doing something when I watched some videos with the Brammo race bikes.

Maybe I will put my bike up on the rear stand and monitor the lights.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:42:43 PM by HadesOmega »

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 04:29:30 AM »
So I checked to see if this shift indicator feature works and it does not with the Victory Empulse.  They must have not included it in the Victory Empulse TT because the manual makes no mention of it.  I revved it passed the redline in first and second and it pretty much just acts like an eco gauge the whole time.  Maybe its working and I'm not noticing it maybe but it doesn't help tell me when to shift =(  If they made it flash at 6500RPM would be nice.

So does anyone know where I can wire up a shift light to?  Is there a wiring diagram for the Empulse?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:03:12 AM by HadesOmega »

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 08:19:20 AM »
"Eco" lights seem to be a thing lately.  My BMW has one, which fortunately can be turned off.  It lights up when you are lugging the engine at 2500 rpm to let you know when to shift so that you can up-shift then and lug it even even more in the next gear.  ::)  The government regulators want everyone to drive slowly, safely and efficiently. Plus, it is best for your health if you don't get too excited while riding your motorcycle.  ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »
Haha yeah, as far as I'm concerned the eco lights don't really do anything for me, it's hard to see in the daytime also. 

I know many bikes nowadays come with some kind of eco indicator, when you are riding "economically" a light or indicator goes on.

banjo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 04:03:49 PM »
The eco lights work just like do on the Brammo version Empulse, when it comes to shifting.. mine do. I have a the Victory version.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:08:02 PM by banjo »