Author Topic: Enertia Owners - Registration Help  (Read 1790 times)

vincentdb

Enertia Owners - Registration Help
« on: October 22, 2018, 05:19:52 AM »
Hi One and All

I've been a Brammo Enertia owner for about 2 years now.  Unfortunately my Enertia was purchased as unregistered here in the UK. The original seller did not give me any paperwork, probably a bit stupid of me looking back, but anyhow.

I'v had the bike MOT'd and sent of registration documents to the DVLA. They responded suggesting that the bike cannot be registered as there is no proof of when it was manufactured. 

I'm hoping someone on the forum would be kind enough to send me a copy of a 2010 built Enertia. It's basically a certificate which shows the date and year of manufacture as well as other items such as weight of bike etc.

Please help me get my baby on the road...

Thanks in advance
Vince
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:30:43 AM by vincentdb »

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Enertia Owners - Registration Help
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »
So, although I know nothing about European vehicle registrations, and, although I know nothing about Enertias, I'd like to point out my Brammo Empulse R has a decal on the right part of the frame where it joins the steering head that states the manufacturing month and year.

Maybe the Enertia has such a decal also? Would a ride-in to a government office where they could look at that decal suffice?

vincentdb

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 01:28:23 AM »
So, although I know nothing about European vehicle registrations, and, although I know nothing about Enertias, I'd like to point out my Brammo Empulse R has a decal on the right part of the frame where it joins the steering head that states the manufacturing month and year.

Maybe the Enertia has such a decal also? Would a ride-in to a government office where they could look at that decal suffice?

Thanks Shinysideup.  I do indeed have a decal on the front right of the bike on the frame. I have had this checked by the local government authority and even have a certificate to that end.  However the DVLA (DMV in the states I believe) needs a certificate from the manufacturer, which I have explained is not possible.  They have suggested I get a similar certificate from a owners club and use that during my registration submission.

I'm hoping someone on here will be kind enough to help out.  Thanks for you input, much appreciated.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 06:22:41 PM »
Ah, bureaucrats...the same all around the world!

I remember complaining about paperwork once in a bank in northern India where it took me 45 minutes to cash a $20 American Express travelers check (remember those?). The teller laughed at my complaint, and said, "No, you have the wrong idea: Paperwork is very good. In the winter time, that's how we heat our homes."

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 08:38:02 AM »
Hi vincentdb,
here are the scanned sheets for the certification document for my Brammo Enertia Basic 2012. I deleted the VIN and the engine number. Hopefully it will help you.
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150
Brammo Enertia Plus 2013 #205
Peugeot E-Vivacity 2012 #978
Renault Fluence Z.E. 2012

KaFr

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 08:41:59 AM »
second page.
Victory Empulse TT 2016 #150