Author Topic: 2009 Enertia Potential Purchase  (Read 1095 times)

Jamus

• View Profile
2009 Enertia Potential Purchase
« on: March 14, 2019, 10:10:44 AM »
Good Morning All: I have come to this forum to seek your advise and gathered wisdom! I have an opportunity to acquire a 2009 Enertia with 400 miles on it. It was originally purchased by an employee of Brammo during a period of time when they were offered to employees at a discounted rate (sadly, I’m sure in hindsight far too much given Brammo’s significant price drops and final demise)
Anyway, i’ve Read enough to understand that if something should go wrong and render it unusable, that I should consider it dead. So with that in mind, it becomes almost a throw away item. If the company where still in existence and parts and support still remained, then this bike given its year and current mileage might be worth $2000, however as we know, none of that exists! So, given the above information and the environment that exists for Brammo today, what is a reasonable price to pay for this bike given all that I have mentioned above? My gut tells me 1/2 of what it would sell for if the negatives did not exist above!
Thank you in advance for any and all input you provide!
Jamus

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2009 Enertia Potential Purchase
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 10:39:02 AM »
As a current owner of an Enertia, I can't be seen as a disinterested third party...(especially because I'm considering selling mine this year  :( ).  However, there is probably a sweet spot north or $1k and south of $2K on these bikes.

I'd be sure that everything works before buying one. For example, that there are no problematic cells. You might be able to check this by - turning the key to the charge position. Holding the tank button down to start charging. After it has started charging, hold the tank button down for about 8 seconds until you get the charging/cells screen up. And then checking the numbers that show up.  I'm not exactly sure, but there is a voltage between the high cell and the low cell that you don't want to exceed. Wish I could tell you more.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki