Author Topic: Motorcyclist magazine ceases production  (Read 434 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Motorcyclist magazine ceases production
« on: May 30, 2019, 09:06:37 AM »
My formerly favorite U.S. motorcycle publication, Motorcyclist magazine, is going out of business: https://advrider.com/motorcyclist-magazine-ends-print-production/

Unfortunately, I am not in the least surprised. When Motorcyclist magazine switched to a $12 (more than the UK publication, Bike, sells for in the U.S.), bi-monthly, large-format, life-style, we-no-longer-test-motorcycles, magazine, I wrote the two editors a long snail-mail letter informing them that I had been a loyal subscriber ever since the magazine's Peterson Quarterly days during the early 1970's and that it was my favorite magazine to learn about how motorcycles worked and the technical details of the new models each year.  I told them that if they continued with the new format, the magazine would loose all of its long-time readers and enthusiastic subscribers - and by the way, please cancel my subscription.  And now my prediction has come to past.  I expect Cycle World to follow them into the trash can soon, also.  That magazine only comes out four times a year and are so similar to Motorcyclist that I could hardly tell them apart.  Interestingly, my subscription to Cycle World expired last year, but they still send me the magazine.  Talk about desperation.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.