Author Topic: New to the Brammo Family need charger?  (Read 1288 times)

longiotti

• View Profile
    • Email
New to the Brammo Family need charger?
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:39:16 AM »
I bought a bike that was in an action and would not charge. it has been dead for who knows how long.
I ended up charging each of the 6 batteries separately and got the bike to turn on and road in down my ally.
I can not get it to charge. I am not sure if it will not charge because some of the batteries are blinking red or because on on board charger is not working. I am guessing it is because the charger as I have done the charging dance and I can not get the bike to acknowledge that I have plugged in the AC cord. I have 120 volts at the input of the charger.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 03:33:31 PM by longiotti »

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: New to the Brammo Family need charger?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 06:31:51 PM »
I have an Empulse, not an Enertia, but my batteries blink red when they are on. A normal condition.

It should be fairly easy to diagnose whether or not the charger is putting out what it needs to in order to charge the pack.

If the pack has been dead for a long time, it is likely the culprit and you are looking at replacing the entire thing, would be my guess.

longiotti

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 10:25:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I ended up using the battery and the charger ended up being bad.
I found a replacement charge and swapped it out so the batteries now charge.
I can not get them to charge past 16%
I am thinking there are some bad cells in the group.
I am removed the batteries and pulled them apart and I am balancing them the best that I can.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 04:27:59 PM »
Good news, sort of! Yeah, most batteries do not like to sit in total discharge for very long. Best of luck in your endeavors to find and replace.

I keep thinking someone from the old Brammo company could make a nice little side income by offering to be a consultant for all of us owners who have been so thoroughly abandoned. They could remotely interpret electronic files, diagnose, and make suggestions for us to keep our beloved machines running. Anyone?